What is Wayne Rooney Net Worth?
|Wayne Rooney Net Worth:||$ Million|
|Born:||October 24, 1985|
|Country of Origin:||England|
|Source of Wealth:||Football|
As any football fan is aware, Wayne Rooney is a legend of Manchester United and played the majority of his career there until switching back to his original club, Everton.
Rooney, though, won every club-level football trophy there is, from the English premier league to the Champions League, before he left.
It is anticipated that Wayne Rooney’s net worth will be enormous given all of his accomplishments. But how much is Wayne Rooney really worth?
Join us as we analyze Wayne Rooney’s every move, from his endorsements to his companies.
Wayne Rooney Net Worth
As of today, Wayne Rooney’s net worth is estimated to be roughly $170 Million, making him one of the top 20 richest soccer players in the world.
No doubt, his net worth started to grow when he played at Manchester United FC. Here are some of his highlights while in the club:
- Premier League: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2012–13
- FA Cup: 2015–16
- Football League/EFL Cup: 2005–06, 2009–10, 2016–17
- FA Community Shield: 2007, 2010, 2011, 2016
- UEFA Champions League: 2007–08
- UEFA Europa League: 2016–17
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2008
Let’s see how it all started for the Manchester united legend.
Wayne Rooney was born on the 24th of October, 1985 to Jeanette Marie and Thomas Wayne in croxtexth, Liverpool.
Rooney originates from Ireland and has other siblings namely Graham and John who were all raised in the catholic way.
Rooney and his siblings attended Our Lady and St. Swithin primary school. Rooney was an avid supporter of Everton from a very young age and had Ronaldo as his role model.
Who knew what Wayne Rooney would turn out to be later in life? Rooney joined his dream club Everton at a young age of 9 and went ahead to make his debut 7 years later in 2002.
After two years of exceptional performances for Everton, he was signed by Manchester United, one of the richest and most valuable Football Clubs in the world, for a fee of £26 million in the summer of 2004.
Rooney went on to win over 16 major trophies with Manchester united thereby becoming a club legend at the club.
His most successful year at the club came in 2007-08 season where he won the Premier League, league cup, Champions League and the FIFA club world cup.
He scored a total of 253 goals for Manchester United in all competitions thereby overtaking Sir Bobby Charlton as United’s highest goalscorer of all time.
He also has 208 league goals which are the second-highest ever scored by a single player only behind Alan Shearer. Rooney also made his way to third on Premier league’s all-time assist chart.
Rooney ended his Manchester United career on a high and later moved to Everton in 2017 after a lot of speculations regarding his future at the club.
He signed a two year deal for Everton and left United on a free transfer. He later scored his 200th league goal at Everton against Manchester city in a match that ended in a 1-1 draw.
He scored his first hat trick for Everton in a 4-0 win including a goal which he scored 60 yards away from goal in his own half. Can you believe this man?
Rooney left Everton and signed a three-and-a-half-year deal with D.C. United of Major League Soccer in 2018. He was awarded the number 9 jersey at his unveiling.
Rooney turns out some excellent performances while at the club pulling a 50-yard screamer which resembled the one he scored against Westham while he was at Everton.
Rooney later left D.C United after one year to return to England as a player-coach for Derby County who are in the EFL Championship.
Immediately after his arrival, he was made captain and later gave an assist in a 2-1 win which was his first match in the club’s colors.
Rooney net worth is worth talking about he is so exceptional and talented that he made his England national team debut aged 17 years, and in the same year became England’s youngest scorer.
He was part of the team that featured in the 2004 European championship for England and he scored 4 goals in the competition.
Rooney went ahead to feature for the subsequent 2006, 2010, and 2014 world cups and is usually regarded as one of the English best players ever.
More Highlights Of Wayne Rooney
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship bronze: 2002
It goes most of Wayne Rooney net worth comes from his individual achievements, as seen below:
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship Golden Player: 2002
- PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2009–10
- PFA Young Player of the Year: 2004–05, 2005–06
- PFA Fans’ Player of the Year: 2005–06, 2009–10
- PFA Team of the Year: 2005–06 Premier League, 2009–10 Premier League, 2011–12 Premier League
- FWA Footballer of the Year: 2009–10
- Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year: 2005–06, 2009–10
- Manchester United Players’ Player of the Year: 2009–10
- BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year: 2002
- Bravo Award: 2003
- Golden Boy Award: 2004
- UEFA European Championship Team of the Tournament: 2004
- FIFPro Young Player of the Year: 2004–05
- Premier League Player of the Season: 2009–10
- Premier League Player of the Month: February 2005, December 2005, March 2006, October 2007, January 2010
- England Senior Men’s Player of the Year: 2008, 2009, 2014, 2015
- FIFA Club World Cup Most Valuable Player of the Final: 2008
- FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2008
- FIFA FIFPro World XI: 2011
- FIFA FIFPro World XI 4th team: 2013
- FIFA FIFPro World XI 5th team: 2014, 2015
- Premier League 20 Seasons Awards (1992–93 to 2011–12): Best Goal (vs. Manchester City, 12 February 2011)
- Alan Hardaker Trophy: 2006
- Premier League Goal of the Month: November 2017
- FWA Tribute Award: 2017
- MLS Player of the Month: October 2018
- MLS Best XI: 2018
- D.C. United MVP: 2018
- D.C. United Golden Boot Winner: 2019
- MLS All-Star: 2019
In one of Wayne Rooney quotes, he said; “I just hate losing and that gives you an extra determination to work harder.” – Rooney.
Frequently Asked Questions About Wayne Rooney
Here are quick Faqs about Wayne Rooney below:
How much is rooney worth?
Rooney’s net worth is estimated at around the $170 mark based on his career earnings so far.
What Position is Rooney?
Life Lessons From Rooney
- Rooney as important as he was for United, he was almost sold in 2011. This lesson teaches us that no one is indispensable. Anyone can be replaced if you feel too big in any place.
- Hard work is the only way to succeed. We can notice that Rooney was zealous to succeed that’s why he did extra training to attain heights he reached. Wayne Rooney’s net worth is evidence and the end product of the hard work.
- His achievement is also proof to be diligent and persevere in order to achieve our dreams.
Wayne Rooney Net Worth (summary)
As of today, Wayne Rooney’s net worth is estimated to be $170 Million dollars. He has come this far because he paid the price for success.
He is also looking to become a coach in the near future as he is already in the learning process at Derby County as a player-coach. This obviously will also increase his worth.
What did you think? Let’s have your comment and don’t forget to share this post.
Even More Topics: