What is Lionel Messi net worth today?
|Lionel Messi Net Worth:||$600 Million|
|Born:||June 24, 1987 (35 years)|
|Country of Origin:||Argentina|
|Team:||Inter Miami CF|
|Source of Wealth:||Football, Endorsement, Model|
Almost nobody, if anyone, who follows modern sports, and especially football, can claim to be unaware of who Lionel Messi is.
He is so well-liked around the globe that he is already being compared to the sport’s all-time greats.
So, it is only natural for football fans and the general public to speculate on how much Lionel Messi is worth.
Messi has amassed a considerable fortune through endorsement deals, business ventures of his own, and his modeling career.
Going home with the ultimate World Cup, in the just-concluded tournament has enabled him to set his name in stone.
Today, his net worth estimated at $600 Million dollars, has made him sit on our latest list of richest soccer players in the world today.
If you are reading this article, then it means you are one of the many fans (in their millions) curious to know what Messi net worth is.
On June 24, 1987, in Rosario, Argentina, Lionel Andrés Messi was born to Jorge Messi, a manager at a steel factory, and Celia Cuccitini, an employee at a magnet production company.
Even as a young child, Messi had a deep love for the sport of football. Who could have predicted the insatiable appetite for information about Lionel Messi’s wealth?
His brothers Rodrigo and Matias, and cousins Maximiliano and Biancucchi, all went on to professional football careers.
Messi has been a member of the Rosario club since he was six years old. He played for the club for a total of six seasons, scoring nearly 500 goals as a member of the squad that became known as “The Machine of ’87.”
His promising football career was derailed when, at age 10, he was told he had a deficiency in growth hormones.
Unfortunately, his health insurance plan only covered two years of the over $1,000 monthly cost of growth hormone treatment, making it impossible for his father to pay for the full course of care.
The Newell’s Old Boys club had initially promised to assist his family but later went back on their word.
Related: Kai Havertz net worth and biography
Messi’s family subsequently moved on to Catalonia through the relatives they had there in order to set up a trial with Barcelona in September 2000.
After dazzling the first team director at the time, he proposed signing Messi to the Barcelona board, but they were hesitant as it was rare and unusual for European teams to sign a player of that age at that time.
Barcelona went on to sign him on December 14th and in what would be his first contract with Barcelona, he signed on a paper napkin.
This prompted Messi’s family to relocate to Barcelona to a place in close proximity to the famous stadium, Camp Nou.
During the 2003–04 season, his fourth with Barcelona FC, one of the richest football clubs in the world, Messi quickly progressed through the club’s ranks, debuting for a record five teams in a single campaign.
Messi played just a single official match before being elevated to the Juveniles A, where he scored 18 goals in 11 league games.
At 16 years, four months, and 23 days old, Messi made his first-team debut when he entered the 75th minute during a friendly against José Mourinho’s Porto on 16 November 2003.
Fast forward to 2012, during his first season under Barcelona’s new chief, former captain Pep Guardiola, Messi played predominantly on the right-wing.
Messi has since proceeded to win a record Six Ballon D’or awards and broken several records thus making his own. No doubt, Lionel Messi net worth has climbed so rapidly.
A productive goal scorer and an imaginative playmaker, Messi has scored more than 600 goals, holds the records for most goals in La Liga (438), a La Liga and European league season (50), most hat-tricks in La Liga (36) and the UEFA Champions League (8), and most assists in La Liga (181) and the Copa América (12) and numerous other extensive lists of records.
In December 2022, he won the World Cup for Argentina and himself, making him of one the greatest footballers of all time G.O.A.T.
Lionel Messi now plays in the Inter Miami CF team after leaving PSG (Paris Saint-Germain).
Lionel Messi Net Worth and Highlights
As of 2023, Messi net worth is currently estimated at $600 Million dollars.
So far in his career, he has achieved a lot!
- La Liga: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2017–18, 2018–19
- Copa del Rey: 2008–09, 2011–12, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18
- Supercopa de España: 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2018
- UEFA Champions League: 2005–06, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2014–15
- UEFA Super Cup: 2009, 2011, 2015
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2009, 2011, 2015
- FIFA U-20 World Cup: 2005
- Summer Olympics: 2008
- FIFA Ballon d’Or/Ballon d’Or: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2019
- FIFA World Cup Golden Ball: 2014
- FIFA World Player of the Year: 2009
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player: 2019
- European Golden Shoe: 2009–10, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19
- Copa América Golden Ball: 2015
- UEFA Men’s Player of the Year Award: 2011, 2015
- UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2009
- UEFA Club Forward of the Year: 2009, 2019
- La Liga Best Player: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2017–18, 2018–19
- La Liga Best Forward: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16
- Pichichi Trophy: 2009–10, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19
- FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2009, 2011
- FIFA Club World Cup Silver Ball: 2015
- FIFA Club World Cup Final Most Valuable Player: 2009, 2011
- FIFA World Youth Championship Golden Ball: 2005
- FIFA World Youth Championship Golden Shoe: 2005
- IFFHS World’s Best Playmaker: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019
- Olimpia de Plata (Argentine Footballer of the Year): 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022.
- Copa América Best Young Player: 2007
- FIFPro Young World Player of the Year: 2006, 2007, 2008
- Golden Boy (Young European Footballer of the Year): 2005
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- UEFA Ultimate Team of the Year
- La Liga Team of the Season: 2014–15, 2015–16
- FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2014
- Copa América Dream Team: 2007, 2011, 2015, 2016
- Argentine Football Assn. Team of All Time (published 2015)
- Laureus World Sportsman of the Year: 2020
- World Cup winner with his team from Argentina, in December 18, 2022.
Related: Kevin De Bruyne net worth and salary
Great Life Lessons From Leo Messi
Here are important life lessons we’ve learned from Messi.
Everyone Has Dreams
Some dream about money, while others want to succeed in their craft whether it is singing, writing or fashion designing. Whatever it is, you need to grind every day.
In the end, the ones who consistently put in the effort will win.
Don’t Let Anyone Tell You What You Can or Cannot Do
If you want to win, stop listening to people who pull you down.
When people can’t do things themselves, they will tell you “it’s risky” or “it’s difficult”.
If you want something, go get it. Period. This is one of the best Lionel Messi quotes on our list.
Don’t Let Your Background Define You
There are many people who suffered from emotional abuse in their childhood, lived in poverty, and yet came out at the top.
It is because they had an innate devotion to their work. How bad do you want it?
No matter how successful you become, there will always be room for growth.
As humans, it is our deepest desire to experience our fullest potential and keep growing until the day we die.
This is just of few of 10 other remarkable inspirational life lessons from Lionel Messi.
Lionel Messi Net Worth (Conclusion)
Referred to as one of the most successful and best footballers of all time, Lionel Messi has engraved his name in Gold.
Aside from the mammoth weekly salary he receives at Barcelona which is the biggest source of income for Messi, all other endorsements and businesses that add to Lionel Messi net worth are also outlined.
As of 2023, Lionel Messi net worth is estimated to be roughly $600 Million dollars.
What did you think? Let’s have your comments in the section provided below.
Even More Topics: