What is Eminem net worth?
|Eminem Net Worth:||$210 Million|
|Born:||October 17, 1972|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Music, Rapping, Edorsements.|
|Martial Status||To be updated|
Marshall Bruce Mathers III popularly know as Eminem has always been on top of his Rapping game ever since he took center stage in the music industry.
He is referred to as one of the greatest rappers to ever hold the mic around the world. Aside from that, he is a self-acclaimed rap god.
As vast as his Rapping talent goes, so is Eminem net worth. That is something worthy of someone who has had an incredible career in music, achieving success in almost any piece that drops from him.
You might be on this article just to find out about Eminem’s net worth, but we will offer you so much more, starting from his early years, career, highlights, quotes to life Lessons.
It goes without saying that Eminem is one of the 30 richest rappers in the world today.
Eminem’s Net Worth
As of today, Eminem net worth is estimated to be $210 Million dollars. Here are some of his highlights below:
- Academy Award for Best Original Song 2003 · Lose Yourself
- Grammy Award for Best Rap Album 2015, 2011, 2010, … · The Marshall Mathers LP 2, Recovery, Relapse, …
- Grammy Award for Best Rap Song 2004 · Lose Yourself
- MTV Europe Music Award for Best Hip-hop 2017, 2013, 2011, …
- Grammy Award for Best Music Video 2003 · Without Me
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Editing 2014 · Rap God
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Direction 2002 · Without Me
- Grammy Award for Best Rap/Sung Performance 2015 · The Monster
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Hip-Hop Video 2010, 2009 · Not Afraid, We Made You
Let’s talk about Eminem’s early life, shall we?
Eminem was born to Marshall Bruce Mathers Jr and Deborah Rae on the 17th of October, 1972 in Missouri.
Through both his parents, he acquired multiple ancestries from Scottish, German, English to Polish.
It took his mother more than 3 days of labor to finally give birth to him. Both his parents were part of a band who play along the Dakota-Montana border.
Eminem’s father however left the family behind for California, leaving only his mother to take care of him.
Since then, Eminem and his mother always lived a nomadic life, spending the majority of their time in homes of family members.
Eminem as a teen was referred to as a happy one, while he sometimes cut a lonely figure as a result of bullying in school.
An incident of the bully severely injured Eminem in the head, leading her mother to file a suit against the school.
The suit was however dismissed later due to the immunity of schools from lawsuits in the state of Michigan.
Eminem spent his teenage years in a black community, with their household one of the three white households in the entire community of Detroit.
His hobbies were storytelling and comic books until he discovered hip hop, essentially Rapping. The first rap song he listened to was titled Reckless by Ice T.
The track was a gift from his half brother, with whom they were very close until he committed suicide. He was very much devastated at the news and couldn’t speak for days.
Eminem did not do so well in school, spending up to three years in Grade 9, and he eventually dropped out of the Lincoln high school.
He also did several jobs aged 17 in order to be able to help with the bills at home, but still, his mother would throw him out after collecting his paycheck.
While she goes off to play bingo, Eminem would stay home, blast the stereo and write songs. At this time, Eminem net worth was essentially nothing.
Eminem music career basically took off when he got signed to the FBT productions and in no time recorded his debut album.
This album was a commercial failure and it lacked the violent lyrics which he later became popular for.
His reason for using violent slurs was the fact that the feedback he got from DJs about his album encouraged him to go into rock and roll.
Eminem would then work 60 hours a week for six months in order to cater for himself and his daughter, Hailee. He later attempted suicide due to his drug addiction and personal problems.
His career started picking momentum ever since he came up with a violent, sad alter ego. Through this alter ego, he was able to properly express himself with lyrics on rape, murder and drugs.
Afterward, Eminem recorded his first EP titled Slim Shady. He then participated in the 1997 rap Olympics, which was a national event held annually for upcoming rappers to showcase their talents.
At the end of the competition, he came out with the second place. It was there that CEO of Interscope Records got a copy of Eminem’s EP through Dean Geistlinger.
Love then played the EP for Dr. Dre, also the founder and CEO of Aftermath Entertainment. He was immediately signed to the record label after Dr. Dre was amazed by Eminem’s Rapping talent.
Later in 2001, Eminem released The Marshall Mathers LP and sold a record approximately 2 million copies within the first week of sales, shattering previously set records by Snoop Dogg and Britney Spears.
The first single of the album, the real slim shady was the most successful of the album, as it contained insults towards other star celebrities like Christina Aguilera and many others.
He featured in the Up in the Smoke tour which featured other star names like Xzibit, Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, Ice Cube, and a host of others.
Related: Chris Brown net worth and biography
Mid 2002, The Eminem Show was released and it was widely accepted and massively successful on a commercial scale as it sold up to 1.5 million copies in its first week.
These figures made the show top all of the charts in the US. The Eminem show was finally certified Diamond by the RIAA.
It also became the best selling album of 2002 after it sold over 25 million copies all over the world.
In late 2003, Eminem was investigated for his alleged threats directed towards the president of the United States of America.
This was due to the lyrics in the single ‘We as Americans’ which contained slurs like ‘I don’t rap for dead presidents, I’d rather see the president dead’ and so on.
Eminem also released three singles inspired by 2Pac, who Eminem is a lifelong fan of his work. He built upon that by recording 12 of the 16 tracks from 2Pac’s loyal album to the Game album.
Another album was released in 2004 titled Encore, and it was as successful as his previous albums. It also contains slurs aimed against top artists like Michael Jackson.
In the single ‘Just Lose it’, he made mention of Michael’s child molestation trial, plastic surgery, and an incident where Michael’s hair caught fire.
A lot of friends of Michel Jackson, including Stevie Wonder and Steve Harvey, spoke out against the video.
The song was finally stripped from the album and Eminem offered an official apology.
Encore spoke a lot about different serious subject matter in the US, one of which is the anti war song titled Mosh.
Its lyrics were basically aimed at President George Bush. Examples of slurs against him include “This weapon of mass destruction that we call our president”, and “Fuck Bush”.
Eminem the nstarted his first US concert tour which featured star artists like 50 cent, G-Unit, D12, Lil Jon, The Alchemist, and many others.
Related: Kanye West net worth and biography
He however canceled a planned tour of Europe in August of the same year, citing his drug rehabilitation on dependency on sleep medication.
Rumors then made it rounds that while Eminem may be considering treatment, he might be working to release a double album.
Eminem later declared he was considering retirement after his release of the Curtain call. He claimed he doesn’t really know where his career was heading at the moment.
Eminem released a new album, ‘Relapse’ in 2009 and it recorded minimal success. Though it’s success was minimal compared to his previous albums, it reestablished his return to the hip hop industry.
His second album of the year titled ‘Recovery’ was released in June of the same year. This album topped the charts in the US and also many other countries around the world.
It was top of Billboard 200 chart for five consecutive weeks. To date, Recovery is the best selling digital album in history, and its first single ‘Not Afraid’ made its debut at No 1 on the Billboard 100.
He also performed ‘Not Afraid’ at the 2010 BET awards with other artists like BoB and Keyshia Cole. Eminem and Jay-Z also performed at the Home and Home tour in a concert that sold out in a matter of days.
He also performed I need a doctor with Skylar Grey and Dr Dre at the 2011 Grammy Awards.
Eminem became the only artist with two albums certified Diamond by the RIAA, notably Marshall Mathers and The Eminem Show.
Eminem released his next album the following year and it was titled Marshall Mathers LP2.
It debuted at No 3 on the Billboard hot 100 containing singles like Rap God, The Monster, and Survival. In November 2017, Eminem released his new album titled Revival and its first single featured Beyonce.
Eminem released a new album in January 2020 titled ‘Music to be murdered by’, which came as a surprise to fans.
It featured artists such as Young M.A., Royce Da 5’9″, Q-Tip, Denaun, White Gold, Ed Sheeran, Juice WRLD, Skylar Grey, Anderson Paak, Don Toliver, Kxng Crooked, Joell Ortiz, and Black Thought.
Through his career, Eminem net worth was built from scratch to the level that its attained today.
It is not from sheer luck but through his hard work and talent. Today, Eminem’s net worth is estimated at $210 million.
We can only say that his net worth is deserving of the excellent career he has managed to pull.
Related: 10 Nigeria’s best rappers of all time.
Eminem’s Awards and Highlights
- Billboard Music Award for Top Artist 2011
- Juno Award for International Album of the Year 2003, 2001 · The Eminem Show, The Marshall Mathers LP
- Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group 2010, 2001 · Crack a Bottle, Forgot About Dre
- MTV Video Music Award for Video of the Year 2002, 2000 · Without Me, The Real Slim Shady [Explicit]
- MTV Video Music Award for Best New Artist 1999 · My Name Is [Explicit]
- 2011, 2001, 2000 · Not Afraid, The Real Slim Shady [Explicit], My Name Is [Explicit]
- American Music Award for Favorite Album Soul/R&B 2003 · The Eminem Show
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Male Video 2010, 2002, 2000 · Not Afraid, Without Me, The Real Slim Shady [Explicit]
- American Music Award for Favorite Album Pop/Rock 2003 · The Eminem Show
- MTV Movie Award for Best Male Performance 2003 · 8 Mile
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Breakout Star – Male 2003 · 8 Mile
- American Music Award for Favorite Album Rap/Hip-hop 2010 · Recovery
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Video from a Film 2003 · Lose Yourself
- People’s Choice Award for Favorite Music Video 2011 · Love the Way You Lie [Explicit]
- Billboard Music Award for Top Male Artist 2011
- American Music Award for Favorite Artist Rap/Hip-hop 2010, 2006, 2005
- MTV Movie Award for Best Breakthrough Performance – Male 2003 · 8 Mile
- MuchMusic Video Award for iHeartRadio International Artist of the Year 2001 · Stan
- American Music Award for Favorite Male Artist Pop/Rock 2003
- American Music Award for Favorite Male Artist Soul/R&B 2003
- Billboard Music Award for Top R&B Album 2002 · The Eminem Show
- Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Song 2003 · Lose Yourself
- Billboard Music Award for Artist of the Decade 2009
- Billboard Music Award for Top Billboard 200 Album 2011, 2002 · Recovery, The Eminem Show
- Soul Train Music Award for Rhythm & Bars Award 2010 · Love the Way You Lie [Explicit]
- ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards for Most Performed Songs From Motion Pictures 2004 · 8 Mile
- Brit Award for International Male Solo Artist 2005, 2003, 2001
- Billboard Music Award for Top Rap Song 2011 · Love the Way You Lie [Explicit]
- Danish Music Award for International Album of the Year 2003 · The Eminem Show
- BET Hip Hop Award for Best Lyricist of the Year 2010
- MTV Europe Music Award for Global Icon 2013
- Grammy Award for Best Male Rap Solo Performance 2004 · Lose Yourself
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actor: Drama 2003 · 8 Mile
- People’s Choice Award for Favorite Male Artist 2011, 2003
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Music: Rap/Hip-Hop Track 2010 · Love the Way You Lie [Explicit]
- BMI Film & TV Award for Most Performed Song from a Film 2003 · 8 Mile
- BMI Film Music Award 2003 · 8 Mile
- MTV Europe Music Award for Best Album 2002, 2000 · The Eminem Show, The Marshall Mathers LP
- MuchMusic Video Award for Peoples Choice: Favourite International Artist 2003, 2000 · Lose Yourself, The Real Slim Shady [Explicit]
- Echo Award for Best Hip Hop/Urban Artist 2011 · Recovery
- World Music Award for World’s Best Selling American Artist 2014
- Brit Award for International Album 2003 · The Eminem Show
In one of our favorite Eminem quotes, he said; “The truth is you don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.”
Life Lessons From Eminem
- Never allow anything to come between you and your dreams. Despite the struggles Eminem faced early in his life, he still remained focused. And today, he’s a world-class rapper.
- Forgiveness is key. A lot of people can cross you, hurt you, which is very normal, and happens to everyone. You need to forgive more to also enjoy many other things people have to offer.
- Do not entertain fear to tell your own unique story. It’s important to let people see you, what you have been through, and how far you have come.
- Try not to please everyone. It’s one of the unique, innate characteristics of Eminem. And it has motivated him to the level he’s attained today.
Related: Herb Alpert net worth and biography
Summary of Eminem Net Worth
This article has been an eye opener to the life and world of Eminem.
It gives brief details about how his early childhood experience was, how he got his career started, experiences he had in the process, and how he got to the top of the music industry through his exceptional Rapping talents.
Most importantly, we could see how Eminem net worth has been on this rise ever since taking to the music stage.
Did you find this interesting and inspiring? Let’s have your comments about your favorite lines from Eminem. Also, like and share this post.
Even More Topics: