What is Selena Gomez net worth today?
|Net Worth:||$75 Million|
|Born:||July 22, 1992|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Music, Acting, Modelling, Endorsements.|
|Martial Status||To be updated|
You may think because she’s just 27 years of age, she doesn’t have a long career.
If that is what you think, you have to think again because her career has been for almost a decade now. For that fact alone, Selena Gomez net worth must be more than you ever imagined it to be.
To clear your obvious curiosity, we will give you a brief overview of Selena Gomez’s worth, her early life, career, highlights, and so on.
At the end of this article, you will definitely be tripped over by just how much she’s worth. No doubt, her net worth is higher than any of the richest musicians in Nigeria.
Selena Gomez was born on the 22nd of July, 1992 to her parents, Ricardo Joel Gomez and Amanda Cornett.
It was revealed that she was named after Selena Quintanilla who was also a singer before she died. Selena Gomez has both Mexican and Italian roots courtesy of both her father and mother.
Selena Gomez was raised as a catholic with her other siblings namely: Gracie Elliott Teefey, Brian Teefey, and Victoria Gomez.
Selena was born to her mother at a very tender age of sixteen. She was born at a time when the family were going through a lot of financial difficulties.
Her parents got divorced later, much to the disgust of the children, as her mother was left alone to provide for her own children alone.
This situation made way for Selena to get closer to her grandparents because they nurtured her till she came of age.
Selena got her high school diploma through homeschooling after it was revealed that she was being bullied regularly in school.
At a young age, seeing her mother preparing for stage production sparked an interest in entertainment in Selena.
This prompted her to audition for many different roles. It was during some of these auditions that she met the co-music star, Demi Lovato.
They were both picked from the Barney and Friends Show which began filming in 2002. Selena appeared as Gianna in the series, which she later revealed she learned almost everything from modeling to acting.
During the filming of the series, she won roles in movies such as Spy Kids, Texas Ranger, and The Suite Life of Jack and Cody.
Selena repeatedly appeared in different seasons of Hannah Montana, which was a Disney Channel series. Selena appeared as Mikayla in the series which also featured Miley Cyrus.
After her time on the series was concluded, she auditioned for a role in the Wizard of the Waverly Place, which she won.
The series became a hit in the United States, earning Selena Gomez net worth a huge boost.
Related: Jay Z net worth and biography
She even won numerous awards due to her excellent performances in the series. Selena Gomez was then tasked with recording the theme song for the series titled Everything is not what it seems.
She later made an appearance in the Jonas Brothers music video titled ‘Burning Up’.
Selena also appeared in Horton hears a who, where she had the role of Helga. The movie was a massive success, pulling in sales reaching $300 million.
Selena was then signed to the Hollywood record label alongside Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato.
This contract brought a significant boost to Selena Gomez net worth, after which she created her own production company called July Moon.
It was through this company that she released an adaptation of the series, 13 reasons Why.
Selena later crossed over from acting into music by forming her own pop rock band called Selena Gomez and the Scene through her record deal with Hollywood Records.
The debut album from the group debuted at No 9 on the Billboard, selling approximately 70,000 copies. Her second album was released later in 2010 titled A Year Without Rain.
The album debuted at No 4 of the US Billboard also selling approximately 70,000 copies too. Both albums received moderate success due to mixed reviews from critics.
Selena Gomez net worth further surged after she launched her own personal clothing line called Dream Out Loud which included Bohemian dresses, scarves, hats and so on.
She teamed up with fashion designers like Tony Melillo and Sandra Campos who previously worked with huge and reputable fashion houses.
Selena then had a role in the movie, Monte Carlo where she played a teenager named Grace.
Selena and her band released their third studio album that same year, and it turned out to be their last as a group. This last album was also modernly successful.
Afterward, she signed endorsement deals with Adrenalina which is a sports and lifestyle brand. How much this deal affected Selena Gomez net worth is unknown due to the hidden details of the deal.
In early 2012, Selena took a break from her music career and the decision stopped the operations of her music group.
She then shifted focus on her role for the animation, Hotel Transylvania. Gomez appeared in a film called Getaway, which was a commercial failure on a critical scale. This earned a nomination as the worst actress on the 34th Golden Raspberry award.
Gomez then later released her debut solo album in October of 2012, and the album earned her a top ten entry on the Billboard hot 100.
Related: Kanye West net worth and biography
The album also featured at No 1 at the US Billboard 200 chart after it sold approximately 100,000 copies in its first week of release.
From the second week of release however, the album experienced a drop in ratings with critics citing her vocal inability.
In April 2013, rumors had their rounds that Selena had sacked both her mother and stepfather who has managed her since her career took off.
She then proceeded to employ WME and Brillestein to manage her career. This move peddled rumors about the fact that her recording contract with Hollywood record was near its and also that she is looking into joining a new record label.
Despite the rumors however, she released a new single titled ‘The heart wants what it wants’. She confirmed the rumors of her ending contract by releasing a compilation album, signalling the end of her contract with Hollywood label.
The single was among the top ten hits on the Billboard hot 100 chart after it sold over a million copies.
As she worked on her second album, she was featured in Zedd single titled ‘I want you to Know’.
The single was hugely successful as it was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. After this achievement, she became the brand Ambassador for Pantene in 2015.
Gomez was featured in DJ Snake’s single titled ‘Taki Taki’, which also featured Cardi B, and Ozuna. She was also in Benny Blanco single titled ‘I can’t get enough’ alongside Tainy and J Balvin.
It was later revealed in mid 2020 that Selena will feature in a cooking show on HBO Max, and she will be together on the show with different chef on each episode of the show.
The show will be used as a form of charity but it has not yet been revealed how its going to be done. Selena Gomez net worth is estimated to be worth $75 million.
Selena Gomez Net Worth and Highlights
As of today, Selena Gomez net worth is estimated at $75 Million dollars. Still, she’s not on the list of the richest musicians in the world.
- Billboard Music Award for Woman of the Year 2017
- Bravo Otto – Super Singer – Female 2017, 2012, 2011
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Female Hottie 2014, 2013, 2011
- Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Female TV Star 2013, 2012, 2011, … · Wizards of Waverly Place
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Pop Video 2013 · Come & Get It
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Summer TV Star: Female 2009 · Princess Protection Program
- Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actress: Comedy 2011, 2010 · Wizards of Waverly Place
- Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Female Artist 2017, 2015, 2014, …
- American Music Award for Favorite Female Artist Pop/Rock 2016
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Female Artist 2016
- People’s Choice Award for Favorite Animated Movie Voice 2016
- Bravo Otto – Film Star – Female 2011
- Kids’ Choice Awards for Favorite Female Voice from an Animated Movie 2019 · Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Music – Break-Up Song 2013 · Come & Get It
- Shorty Award for Best Actress 2013, 2012 ·
- MuchMusic Video Award for Fan Fave Single 2018 · Wolves
- ALMA Award for Favorite TV Actress – Comedy 2009 · Wizards of Waverly Place
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Summer Music Star: Female 2016, 2013
- Lo Nuestro Award for Crossover Collaboration of the Year 2019 · Taki Taki
- Bravo – Super-BFFs 2013
- Bravo Otto – TV Star – Female 2012, 2011, 2010
- MuchMusic Video Award for Fan Fave International Artist or Group 2014
- NRJ Music Award for International Female Artist of the Year 2017
- Radio Disney Music Award for Best Breakup Song 2015 · The Heart Wants What It Wants
- Gracie Award for Outstanding Female Lead in a Comedy Series 2010 · Wizards of Waverly Place
- Teen Choice Special Award — Ultimate Choice Award 2014
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Red Carpet Fashion Icon Female 2010, 2009
- Radio Disney Music Award for Most Talked About Artist 2014
- Premio Juventud for This is a BTS 2019 · Behind the Scenes ‘Taki Taki’
- Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Movie, Miniseries or Special – Leading Young Actress 2009 · Another Cinderella Story
- Radio Disney Music Award for Favorite Tour 2017 · Revival Tour
- Imagen Award for Best Young Actress – Television 2011 · Wizards of Waverly Place
- Young Hollywood Award for Most Anticipated Tour 2013
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Summer: Song 2018 · Back To You
- Young Hollywood Award for Fan Favorite Album 2013 · Stars Dance
- Billboard Women in Music for Chart Topper 2015
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Instagram merchandise 2018, 2017, 2016
- Radio Disney Music Award for Best Musical Collaboration 2018 · It Ain’t Me
- Shorty Award for Celebrity Fashion 2013
- iHeartRadio Music Award for Biggest TripleThreat 2016
- Radio Disney Music Award for Song of the Year 2014 · Come & Get It
- Radio Disney Music Award for Best Female Artist 2016, 2013
- Radio Disney Music Award for Best Song to Dance To 2014 · Birthday
- Bravo Otto – Sexy Babe 2013
- Glamour Award for The Independent Spirit 2012
- Nickelodeon Brazil Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite International Hit 2017 · Bad Liar
In one of Selena Gomez’s quotes, she said; “I love what I do, and I always make sure to tell my fans I’m not perfect, so don’t think I am. I make mistakes. I’m human, and we all are. But I try to be the best I can be, and that’s all I really can do.“
- Love yourself first before any other person can get a share of your love.
- It’s important to stay strong and know that whenever it is you are currently going through, it will pass.
- Look forward to new experiences because it’s in those moments that great memories are created.
- We have to always take lessons from whatever mistakes we make.
Summary of Selena Gomez Quotes
Despite her career being full of problems, controversies, and breakups, she has been able to take lessons from her experiences and channeled them into positive vibes which drive her closer to her personal goals.
Selena Gomez net worth which currently stands at $75 million dollars can be described as a true reflection of the great achievements which she has made in her decades-long career in music, modeling, and also acting.
What did you think? Let’s have your comments.
Even More Topics: