What is Diana Ross net worth today?
|Diana Ross Net Worth:||$250 Million|
|Born:||March 26, 1944|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Music, Acting, Edorsements.|
|Martial Status||To be updated|
Diana Ross is a legendary musician who is well known for her musical talents as a vocalist, RnB, Pop, Soul, and disco.
She also appeared in songs with many other top musical icons in the likes of Lionel Richie, Michael Jackson, Westlife, Marvin Gaye, and Eric Kupper.
Her exploits in the music industry made her a global name around the world. You would expect Diana Ross net worth to also complement this fame.
Despite her achievements in the 60s, 70s, 80s and early 90s, her musical glory and talents might not be so noticed by the newer generations, regardless of the fact that they hear about her.
This article will help give you an insight into her life, her music career, personal life experiences, her views, and finally, Diana Ross net worth.
Although, she’s not listed as one of the richest musicians in the world, her net worth and career is worth talking about.
Diana Ross Net Worth and Awards
As of today, Diana Ross net worth is estimated at $250 million. Here are some of her highlights and awards:
- 1974 Lady Sings the Blues Favorite Pop/Rock Album
- 1975 “Last Time I Saw Him” Favorite Soul/R&B Female Vocalist
- Favorite Soul/R&B Single
- 1983 Favorite Soul/R&B Female Vocalist
- “Endless Love” Favorite Pop/Rock Female Vocalist
- Cable Ace Awards for 1981 General Entertainment (Music)
- Grammy Awards for 2012 Lifetime Achievement Award
- TV Land Awards for 2006 “1983 Concert in Central Park Most Memorable TV Performance”
- 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award
Golden Globe Awards
- 1973 Diana Ross Most Promising Newcomer
- Lady Sings The Blues Best Actress Nominated
- 1995 Out of Darkness Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for TV Nominated
- 1977 An Evening With Diana Ross Special Tony Award
- Cue Magazine Awards for 1973 Entertainer of the Year
- NACP IMAGE Awards for 1970 Female Entertainer of the Year
- Billboard Awards for 1976 Female Entertainer of the Century
- 1982 Diana Ross Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Guinness Book of World Records 1993 Most Successful Female Singer of All Time
- 2015 The Supreme Hollywood Walk of Fame
- MIDEM 1994 Lifetime Achievement Award
- Commander of the Order of Arts and Letters (Commandeur de l’ordre des Arts et des Lettres) France’s recognition of significant contributions to the arts.
- Soul Train Music Awards 1995 Heritage Award
- Billboard Magazine 1996 Female Entertainer of the Century
- Soul Train Hall of Fame 1996 Induction – Soul Train Hall of Fame
Diana Ross was born on the 26th of March, 1944 to Fred Ross and Ernestine Ross in Detroit, Michigan.
She is the second child to her mother, her elder who goes by the name Barbara Ross-Lee. She is currently an American physician.
Her father relates the story of how Diana was actually named Diane by her mother at birth, but due to a typographical error, her name was recorded as Diana.
She was initially referred to as Diane, even until she joined the popular music group, the Supreme.
She usually call herself Diane, and this was accepted by her friends and family. Diana’s family initially lived in Detroit where she was born.
In the early life of Diana, her mother became terminally ill with tuberculosis at a time when there was no cure for the disease.
This caused the family to move to Alabama but returned shortly after her mother fully recovered from the ailment.
Seven years later, her family moved to the Brewster-Douglas housing estate exactly on her birthday.
It was there that she attended the Class Technical High School where she had lessons on clothing design, tailoring, pattern making, and so on.
These lessons encouraged her to aspire to become a fashion designer in the near future. She then took classes in modeling and cosmetology.
Diana worked at the Hudson’s Department store while schooling to earn more money.
This is where claims circulated about the fact that she was the only black person allowed outside the kitchen. She graduated from the school in flying Colours in early 1962.
Diana became a household name as a lead singer during her time with the Supremes, which was a vocal group consisting Diana and other 2 backup singers.
The group was so famous that they were named Motown’s most successful act in 1960, and to date still remain the most successful female group in America.
Add to that, one of the best selling female groups America has ever seen. Diana Ross net worth was arguably huge already at this time.
The Supremes set a record for having twelve No 1 hit singles on consecutive US Billboard Hot 100. The singles include: “Where Did Our Love Go”, “Baby Love”, “Come See About Me”, “Stop! In the Name of Love”, “Back in My Arms Again”, “I Hear a Symphony”, “You Can’t Hurry Love”, “You Keep Me Hangin’ On”, “Love is Here and Now You’re Gone”, “The Happening”, “Love Child”, and “Someday We’ll Be Together”. These singles reverberated not just America but also across the rest of the world. And so did Diana Ross net worth.
In order to pursue a solo career, Diana had to leave the female group in 1970, after which she released a self titled album later in 1970.
Related: Beyonce net worth and biography
The album immediately hit the ground running with the pop hit single titled “Ain’t no Mountain High Enough”. Her next album titled “Touch Me” was released three years later.
The title track also featured as her second No. 1 hit single which was widely acknowledged by both audience and fans.
Other albums she released in the 70s include Mahogany and Diana Ross, each of which had hit singles ‘Theme from Mahogany’ and ‘Love Hangover’ that made it to the top of the US Billboard.
Her first album in the 80s had two hit singles titled ‘Upside Down’ and ‘I’m coming out’ which turned out to become an international hit.
Diana concluded her time with the Motown records by releasing a final single which counted as her sixth with the record label.
The single titled ‘Endless love’ was a duet she did with Lionel Richie, and the song recorded massive success. It also became a turning point for Lionel Richie’s solo career as a result of its success.
Diana also had a brief history with the movie industry when she decided to venture into acting. Her first appearance on the television was when she took part in the Film ‘Lady Sings The Blues’ in 1972.
Her role in the movie won her a nomination in the Golden Globe Awards and the Academy award. She personally recorded the soundtrack for the movie, and funny enough, it became a No. 1 hit.
This was a welcome and further boost to Diana Ross net worth, due to proceeds from the hugely successful films.
Other movies she featured in, include‘ Mahogany’ which was released in 1975, and also The Wiz released in 1978.
She made appearances in the movie, Out of Darkness released in 1994 which won her a nomination in the aforementioned awards, and Double Platinum which was released in 1999.
Related: Chris Brown net worth and biography
Diana Ross has a lot of records to her name and few of many will be mentioned here. She is currently the only female artist to have No. 1 singles as a solo artist, as part of a duet, as a trio and finally as part of an ensemble in the song ‘We are the World’.
She has a Guinness Book of World Records award to her name after which she was declared the most successful female artist in history. Diana Ross net worth was as huge and successful as her career was.
She won this award as a result of her astounding success in America and Britain, having more hit singles than her other female counterparts on the list.
She had a massive 70 hit singles in total, both during her time with the Supreme and also as a solo artist.
She also always had a presence in the UK top 10 hit in each of the last 50 years, which is a record unbeaten by any other female artist. One can only imagine what Diana Ross net worth is during this period.
Throughout her career, she did songs with many other legendary artists both from her time at the Supreme and also as a solo artist.
Some of these artists include Luther Vandross, Charlie Smalls, Micheal Jackson, Julio Iglesias, and the Temptations. Diana Ross net worth is estimated at $250 million.
It is a worth that is obviously deserving for a woman of her status, considering her achievements in the music industry.
In one of Diana Ross quotes, she said; “You know, you do need mentors; but in the end, you really just need to believe in yourself.”
Life Lessons From Diana Ross
- Always be on time: It is a well-known trait of Diana to date, that whenever she has an appointment, she’s never late. She claimed it was a lesson instilled in her from little by her mother.
- Work Hard: Despite the high level which she’s at today, she does most things by herself. If she wants something, she going to go get it herself.
- Even when someone is around to get it for her. This can translate to real life, how we should take things concerning our lives and career seriously through hard work.
- You must always make time for important things such as family. It is possible to have everything which you desire, but then, it cannot be all perfect.
Related: What is Herb Alpert net worth today?
Summary of Diana Ross Net Worth
Through this article, we have been able to have a glance through the spectacular life of Diana Ross and how everything has panned out in her life.
Her achievements in the music industry are well recognized and she has staked a place for herself among the legendary musical icons this world has ever seen.
Also, Diana Ross net worth represents the hard work and devotion that she put into having an excellent career which she has today.
Despite the fact that she’s over 70 years of age, she still continues to dazzle with her presence in the music industry and also on numerous television shows she attends.
Here we come to the end of this article. Don’t get the thrilling experience all to yourself and share with your friends on your numerous social media accounts.
Even More Topics: