We bring to you powerful Warren Buffett quotes on money and success, that will help you develop a strong mindset. Warren Buffett is one of the world’s wealthiest people and perhaps the most influential philanthropist of our time.
Warren Buffett is an American investor, business tycoon, philanthropist, and is considered one of the most successful investors in the world, making him the fourth-wealthiest person in the world.
What could one, possibly learn from Warren Buffett? A lot I’d say. Here are the best Warren Buffett quotes about success and money.
50 Motivational Warren Buffett Quotes On Success & Money
1. “Rule No. 1 is never lose money. Rule No. 2 is to never forget Rule No. 1”.
2. “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get”.
3. “Never invest in a business you cannot understand”.
4. “You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant”.
5. “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago”.
6. “Predicting rain doesn’t count, building the ark does”.
7. “Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing”.
8. “The stock market is a no-called strike game. You don’t have to swing at everything—you can wait for your pitch”.
9. “Cash…is to a business as oxygen is to an individual: never thought about when it is present, the only thing in mind when it is absent”.
10th Warren Buffett Quotes
10. “The most important investment you can make is in yourself”.
11. “Keep things simple and don’t swing for the fences. When promised quick profits, respond with a quick ‘no’”.
12. “Opportunities come in frequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble”.
13. “In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield”.
14. “Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be a more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks”.
15. “If you like spending six to eight hours per week working on investments, do it. If you don’t, then dollar-cost average into index funds”.
16. “Read 500 pages like this every day. That’s how knowledge works. It builds up, like compound interest. All of you can do it, but I guarantee not many will do it”.
17. “The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a hole is stop digging”.
18. “Widespread fear is your friend as an investor because it serves up bargain purchases”.
19. “Speculation is most dangerous when it looks easiest”.
20th Warren Buffett Quotes
20. “Only when the tide goes out do you discover who’s been swimming naked”.
21. “Whether we are talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down”.
22. “Don’t get caught up with what other people are doing. Being a contrarian isn’t the key but being a crowd follower isn’t either. You need to detach yourself emotionally”.
23. “The one thing I will tell you is the worst investment you can have is cash. Everybody is talking about cash being king and all that sort of thing. Cash is going to become worthless over time. But good businesses are going to become worth more overtime”.
24. “Success in investing doesn’t correlate with IQ…what you need is the temperament to control the urges that get other people into trouble in investing”.
25. “Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway”.
26. “The most important quality for an investor is temperament, not intellect. You need a temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd or against the crowd”.
27. “What we learn from history is that people don’t learn from history”.
28. “The years ahead will occasionally deliver major market declines – even panics – that will affect virtually all stocks. No one can tell you when these traumas will occur”.
29. “We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful”.
30. “Buy into a company because you want to own it, not because you want the stock to go up”.
31st Warren Buffett Quotes
31. “You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you. You are right because your data and reasoning are right”.
32. “The best thing that happens to us is when a great company gets into temporary trouble…We want to buy them when they’re on the operating table”.
33. “It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price”.
34. “When trillions of dollars are managed by Wall Streeters charging high fees, it will usually be the managers who reap outsized profits, not the clients”.
35. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently”.
36. “For the investor, a too-high purchase price for the stock of an excellent company can undo the effects of a subsequent decade of favourable business developments”.
37. “We want products where people feel like kissing you instead of slapping you”.
38. “We never want to count on the kindness of strangers in order to meet tomorrow’s obligations. When forced to choose, I will not trade even a night’s sleep for the chance of extra profits”.
39. “The key to investing is not assessing how much an industry is going to affect society, or how much it will grow, but rather determining the competitive advantage of any given company and, above all, the durability of that advantage”.
40. “You don’t need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beats the guy with 130 IQ”.
41st of Warren Buffett Quotes
41. “If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes”.
42. “The best chance to deploycapital is when things are going down”.
43. “When we own portions of outstanding businesses with outstanding managements, our favourite holding period is forever”.
44. “An investor should act as though he had a lifetime decision card with just twenty punches on it”.
45. “Buy a stock the way you would buy a house. Understand and like it such that you’d be content to own it in the absence of any market”.
46. “It’s been an ideal period for investors: A climate of fear is their best friend. Those who invest only when commentators are upbeat end up paying a heavy price for meaningless reassurance”.
47. “Investors should remember that excitement and expenses are their enemies”.
48. “All there is to investing is picking good stocks at good times and staying with them as long as they remain good companies”.
49. “Do not take yearly results too seriously. Instead, focus on four or five-year averages”.
50. “I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years”.
Warren Buffett Quotes (Summary)
Thanks for checking our collection of Warren Buffett quotes about money, investments, and success.
Let us know which of these quotes got your attention the most, in the comment box below.
Even More Quotes