We bring to you 25 interesting Tony Romo quotes about life and success.
Antonio Ramiro Romo (born April 21, 1980) is a retired American football quarterback and analyst who spent 14 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys in the National Football League (NFL).
He was a member of the Eastern Illinois football team that won the Ohio Valley Conference championship in 2001 and received the Walter Payton Award the following year. In 2003, Romo joined the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent.
Romo began his career as a backup quarterback before becoming the Cowboys’ primary starter from 2006 through 2015.
During his time with the Cowboys, he guided them to four postseason berths and was named to the Pro Bowl on each of those occasions.
Following losing his starting job to backup Dak Prescott due to a preseason back ailment, he retired after the 2016 season.
Tony Romo net worth today is proof that he’s a successful NFL player. He was hired by CBS Sports to be the lead color analyst for their NFL telecasts after he retired.
In this quick post about Tony Romo quotes, you’ll come to learn more about the iconic NFL player, his ideologies, and perspectives to life.
25 Notable Tony Romo Quotes
- 1. “There’s no question in my mind: not only am I going to be able to make it through 16 games, I’ll make it through another five years,”
- “You may have seen me in such places as your local market in a tabloid.” – Tony Romo
- 2. “When you’re younger, it’s about ‘How can I get better? How can I become the player that I want to be?’ As you get older, it’s ‘How can this football team improve?’ While all along getting better along the way.” – Tony Romo
- 3. “As a competitor and an athlete, you love that you get to go back and challenge someone, especially the world champs.” – Tony Romo
- 4. “I don’t think about it, ‘Wow! I’m the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.’ For me, this is my job. This is what I’ve been preparing to do. And I really want to win badly.” – Tony Romo quotes
- 5. “You try and work hard and get better each week. I play the game with passion. I enjoy the game. It’s a lot of fun when I’m out there. That’s the way I play. For some reason, people like that.” – Tony Romo
- 6. “One of the reasons I’m lucky is to be around an owner like Jerry Jones. I’m not just saying it. The reality of it is the guy wants to win. As a quarterback, you need ownership and people in the front office and organization to help you win. If you don’t get that help, you’re always going to be fighting an uphill battle. You feel that, being a part of this organization with Jerry, that he’s going to bring in people and sign people and want to improve this football team every year. It allows you to feel like, hey, we have a chance and I have a chance to do some special things around here.” – Tony Romo
- 7. “There comes a point in the game where you gotta make a play or you gotta do something to get your team over the hump, and when that time comes you gotta be able to do it.” – Tony Romo
- 8. “The first game of the year is always an in-season adjustment game.” – Tony Romo quotes
- 9. “Well, we can’t all be Terry Bradshaw.” – Tony Romo
- 10. “Fame is fleeting. That stuff comes and goes. You know, as soon as I play poorly … you won’t be doing this interview—you’ll be interviewing the next guy.” – Tony Romo
- 11. “The Leftovers is a great basketball book that shines a light on what true competitors can overcome with a solid work ethic.” – Tony Romo
- 12. “You just work at it. You just keep grinding away, keep trying to get better, and if you got the ability, one day you have a chance.” – Tony Romo quotes
- 13. “It’s funny, you can get over the win pretty quick and get ready for the next opponent. When you lose, it just eats at you…. What could we have done? What should I have done? All those things. Just part of playing professional sports and sports in general.” – Tony Romo
- 14. “I would have loved to have had the start that Tom Brady did, won a couple of Super Bowls early, but I wasn’t good enough at the time. I have to get better. You start to understand that all the talk and noise really don’t matter. Every quarterback goes through the same thing. You have to keep getting better; your team will keep getting better and you’ll have a chance.” – Tony Romo
- 15. “Work hard, do things the right way, and things will go your way.” – Tony Romo quotes
- 16. “We’re continuing to evolve into what we think we can do, and you know that takes a little bit of times sometimes to figure out what you’re really good at and what you can hang her hat on per se, and I think we’re learning that each week that goes by.” – Tony Romo
- 17. “Everyone runs their own race.” – Tony Romo
- 18. “I think people just like rooting. If they like you, they’re going to want to root for you and you’re one of theirs. And if they don’t like you? It doesn’t matter.” – Tony Romo quotes
- 19. “It’s just like high school. If you’re a freshman or a sophomore, it’s hard to tell the seniors who’ve been through two, three, playoff games what to do.” – Tony Romo
- 20. “I think some guys have the ability to learn from themselves and get better. Those are the guys that last a long time and continue to improve in this league and in sports in general.” – Tony Romo
- 21. “You know you are going to go through your ups and downs in this game.” – Tony Romo quotes
- 22. “It’s about the process. It’s about getting better. ‘Let’s execute on this play, let’s execute on this drive.’ You do those things, and over the course of the season you’ll get better as a team and you’ll get to a point where hopefully you’re playing at a high level to win the games that really become at another level.” – Tony Romo
- 23. “I think my best years are ahead of me and that’s exciting.” – Tony Romo
- 24. “It’s easy to say you’re more mature because all of a sudden you have a child, but it’s a process.” – Tony Romo quotes
- 25. “I feel like I’m going to be with the Cowboys the rest of my career, definitely. I love it.” – Tony Romo
- 26. “I’ve played long enough to know that certain games are certain ways. You’re gonna throw it less in others, more in others, and just look at what the team needs that day to win a football game.” – Tony Romo
Summary of Tony Romo Quotes
Thanks for checking our collection of quotes by Tony Romo. Don’t forget to like, share, and drop your comments.