How much is Sauti Sol net worth?
|Sauti Sol Net Worth:||$20 Million|
|Sauti Sol Group Artists||Delvin Mudigi, Bien-Aimé Baraza , Willis Austin Chimano, Polycarp Otieno, David Francis|
|Country of Origin:||Kenya|
|Source of Wealth:||Music, Endorsements|
If you are a lover of music in Kenya and Africa at large, Sauti Sol should be a Familiar name to you. The music group is one of the finest that Africa has produced in the past decade.
Their unique style of singing and vocals set them apart from the rest of the crop. This has gained them a lot of fans in Kenya, Africa, and the world at large.
Sauti Sol net worth is one of the most discussed topics by fans of music due to their popularity, continuous TV presence, and their consistency in the Kenyan music industry and stars from other countries with which they have collaborated with.
This is so as this music group has been listed to take the first position on the list of the top 10 richest musicians in Kenya.
Through a facts and refined research, we will give you an estimate of Sauti Sol net worth, how their career began and its progress at the moment, lifestyle and every other thing that might be of interest to fans, and audience all over the world…
Early Life & Biography
Sauti Sol as a band was initially an aCapella group formed by the trio of Baraza, Chimano, and Savara in 2005.
These three met at their high school, Upper Hill High School where they all took part in the ‘Voices in the Light’ group which was like a mini music group back then.
The group subsequently met with guitarist Otieno who got his education at Strathmore School who later joined the group. They then formed the group Sauti which means sound, and Sol which means sun in Spanish was later added their name, resulting in the meaning of the group name as voices in the sun.
The group then signed up for the Kenyan music competition, after which they got signed to Penya Records due to their fantastic performances.
Each of them proceeded to complete their tertiary education in Kenya, studying Journalism, Commerce and finance, and actuarial science respectively.
The group released their first work in July 2012, a self-titled extended play and a collaboration with Spoek Mathambo, who is a rapper and producer.
He produced the EP both in South Africa and Nairobi. The music video for the debut single on the EP titled “Range Rover” was made in the Netherlands.
This is in order to make use of the old ammunition factory turned Cultural heritage called”the cathedral” situated there. Sauti Sol net worth began a journey of a rapid rise after this EP.
They also had a collaboration with a compatriot named Dela and produced the song titled ‘slow’. That is not the first time Dela has collaborated with a band as she also previously worked with the band known as “Mama papa” from Mwanzo.
The band then followed up their first EP with the second titled “Love or Leave”. The video for the song was also made in the Netherlands as part of their tour of Europe in 2012.
The song that followed titled “Gentleman” earned the group a nomination at the “Teeniez’ Group or Collabo” award at the 2012 Chaguo La Teeniez Awards.
They eventually lost the award to another group known as Camp Mulla. This nomination was their second consecutive year, also losing the initial year to P-Unit.
They made a rapid rise to fame in their breakout year in 2012 due to their nominations in many award-giving events.
For their efforts, they won the Most Gifted East African award at the 2012 Channel O Music Video Awards due to their collaborative efforts with the Tanzanian rapper known as AY.
Two years later, the band released a single titled “Nishike” whose music video was controversial in the media as a result of its explicit contents.
Related: Wizkid and Davido net worth compared
It was subsequently banned from airing on numerous local TV stations in Kenya. By the end of 2014, the group received a nomination as Best Group award at the 2014 MTV Africa Music Awards which they eventually lost to the group from South Africa known as Mafikizolo.
Their third album which followed “Nishike” was titled Live and Die in Afrika. Though the official release date of the album was on the 21st of December 2015, fans all around the world were allowed access to download the album 48 hours prior as a Christmas gift for their fans.
Within the free download time frame, more than 400,000 people successfully got their own copy of the album. The group followed up with another single which was titled “Sura Yako” meaning Your Face.
Four years after the release of their third album, the group announced the release of their 4th album on the 31st of January, 2019. During those times, Sauti Sol net worth kept growing.
This new album was characterized by Afro-pop and RnB, which is distinct from the usual traditional acoustic sound which the group is known for.
It featured lots of superstar artists in the likes of Patoranking, Tiwa Savage, Burna Boy, Vanessa Mdee, Yemi Alade, Khaligraph Jones, Nyashinski, Bebe Cool, Mi Casa, Toofan, Jah Prayzah, and C4 Pedro.
This brought huge success to the group and Sauti Sol net worth increased exponentially. The album consisted of 13 songs which Manny of the artists previously stated all featured in.
According to the group, this album was an “art and cultural exchange” project. Indeed it was, as it featured artists from different cultural backgrounds from Africa and around the world.
Despite their plans to release singles with a different artist from different countries around the world, it didn’t work out due to financial difficulties.
The group’s 5th and last album till date was titled the Midnight train. It was released for public download on the 5th of June, 2020.
The album also featured series of artists from Africa including the likes of Burna Boy, Sho Madjozi, and India Arie.
The lead single which earned critical acclaim was titled “Suzanna” and was recorded in 5 versions before the group eventually settled on the particular one that got released for downloads.
Its music video was also made in Nigeria, West Africa. The album recorded great success and brought huge financial gains for Sauti Sol net worth.
Sauti Sol Net Worth and Career Highlights
At the time of writing this article, Sauti Sol net worth is estimated to be $20 million dollars. Here are some of their best career highlights;
- 2017: HiPiPo Music Awards (Uganda) – Song of the year-Kenya & East Africa Super Hit (For Unconditionally Bae)
- 2016: Soundcity MVP – Best Group
- 2016: MTV Africa Music Awards – Best Group
- 2016: All Africa Muzik Magazine Awards (AFRIMMA) – Best African Group
- 2016: Pulse Music Video Awards – Youtube Video of the Year (Sura Yako)
- 2016: Pulse Music Video Awards – Best Collaboration (Nerea ft Amos & Josh)
- 2016: Bingwa Awards – Best Male Artiste in East Africa
- 2015: All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA) – Best Group & Producer of the year
- 2015: African Muzik Magazine Awards ( Best African Group)
- 2015: OLX SOMA ( Instagram Personality & Youtube Channel Award)
- 2015: Best Song in East Africa (Sura Yako) at the Kilimanjaro Tanzania Music Awards
- 2015: Most Downloaded Group (Sauti Sol) and Most Downloaded single (Sura Yako) at the 2015 Mdundo Music Awards
- 2015: Awarded Role Models by the Riara Group of schools (For their Soma Soma Initiative)
- 2015: BBC’S 1Xtra – Top African Act to Watch
- 2014: MTV Europe Music Awards (MTV EMA) – Best African Act
- 2014: OLX SOMA – Best Use of Social Media for Entertainment
- 2014: Bingwa Music Awards – Best Music Video in Kenya (Sura Yako)
- 2013: Artist of the Year at Kenya’s inaugural Social Media Awards (SOMA)
- 2012: East Africa’s Most Gifted Music Video Channel O Music Video Awards (CHOMVA) – I don’t want to be alone (Shukuru) with AY
- 2012: Chaguo La Teeniez (CHAT) Awards – Best Collaboration in Kenya (Gentleman ft P – UNIT)
- 2011: Chaguo La Teeniz (CHAT) Awards – Best Group in Kenya
- 2011: Kisima Music Award Best Afro-Fusion Group
- 2011: Kisima Music Award Best Music Video – Coming Home 2010 Museke Online Africa Music Award (MOAMA) for Best Group
How Sauti Sol Spends Their Money
The Sauti Sol music group is known to have a great taste for luxury. Their outstanding net worth obviously gives them the capacity to live an expensive and extravagant life.
Baraza who is part of the group is said to live in a mansion worth close to $500,000. They also have a good taste for automobiles as they are seen in either Nissan Skyline, Audi, and a few other cars which you cannot really pinpoint to any as the owner.
One of the Sauti Sol quotes goes thus; “minimalism wasn’t a real idea – it ended before it started.”
- You have to surround yourself with people that buy into and support your dreams. That way, those people will help you grow faster than you ever imagined.
- Nothing good comes easy. You have to work for everything you intend to earn.
- It is important to relate and live in love with everyone around you. This generates positive energy that helps keep you going in whatever position you find yourself.
Summary of Sauti Sol Net Worth
Despite having only 5 music albums to their name, Sauti Sol music group has seen incredible success through all these albums.
All of the albums released by the group were always received positively by audiences and fans all around the world.
Their unique style of singing obviously bodes well with their listeners who readily buy their music once it is released. It is no surprise that Sauti Sol net worth is as huge as it is.
The importance of having a unique, educated, and the multitalented group put to work together is seen in Sauti Sol serves as an example and model that similar rising groups should look up to.
Sauti Sol music group is definitely one of the most influential music group in Kenya and Africa at large.
What did you think? Let’s have your comments in the box provided below. Also, don’t forget to like, and share this post.
Even More Topics: