We bring to you 40 Notable Roberto Firmino quotes about football and life.
Roberto Firmino is a Brazilian footballer who plays for Liverpool in the English Premier League and for the Brazilian national team.
Roberto was born and reared in Alagoas, in a poor and crime-ridden neighborhood. His parents did everything they could to keep their son away from the harmful influences in the area.
Throughout it all, Roberto developed a love for football. At the age of 17, he joined Figueirense’s Youth Setup and made his professional debut in 2009 for Toninho.
He signed a five-year contract with Hoffenheim in Germany in 2010, and he was finally traded to Liverpool in June 2015.
He was one of the most promising young players on the international football scene at the turn of the century. Today, Roberto Firmino net worth is proof of his growth and success as a footballer.
In this article, we’ll share with you Roberto Firmino quotes, ideologies, life’s perspectives, and lessons.
40 Roberto Firmino Quotes About Football & Life
1. “The harder I work, the luckier I get.” – Roberto Firmino
2. “Anfield is the best place in the world to play football; there’s no doubt about it. The atmosphere is incredible, and we always get so much strength from our supporters in every single game.” – Roberto Firmino quotes
3. “I do have moments when I like to relax, but I’m always moving, and that has always been the case since I was a boy.” -Roberto Firmino
4. “I am very proud of being Brazilian, but I am also thankful for having the chance to play in Germany for four and a half years. I have completely changed the way I play football because Germany is a tougher, faster game which is more tactical with tighter marking.” -Roberto Firmino quotes
5. “I think I was born with that desire to win and attention to detail.” – Roberto Firmino
6. “I have suffered racial prejudice, and I know how painful it is. People need to take this issue more seriously and engage in this fight against racism.” – Roberto Firmino
7. “My job is to help the team, and so I love retrieving the ball as much as scoring or playing the final pass for a goal.” – Roberto Firmino
8. “You play in different situations and conditions, and you have to come up with new solutions for the problems. It has made me a more rounded player, who can handle different tactics and positions.” – Roberto Firmino quotes
9. “There is nothing that comes without working for it.” – Roberto Firmino
10. “Klopp is a great tactician and a great coach.” – Roberto Firmino
11. “I am not someone who enjoys being followed and harassed. I prefer to stay at home with my family than to go out.” – Roberto Firmino
12. “Leaving home early is always complicated. But when I arrived in Germany, I encountered an incredible structure built by the company that takes care of my career. They did not leave me wanting for anything. The most complicated thing was really the language. Otherwise, everything was taken care of.” – Roberto Firmino quotes
13. “I have always worked very hard in my career. Always working towards a good moment. And when you plan, the rewards appear.”-Roberto Firmino
14. “I look up to many great players – principally attackers. The two Ronaldos, Romario and Rivaldo all play well.”-Roberto Firmino
15. “Your eyes are very important as a professional footballer.” – Roberto Firmino
16. “To score my first Selecao goal is a unique emotion.” – Roberto Firmino
17. “The Selecao go into every competition to win it.” – Roberto Firmino
18. “Certainly my dream is to lift the Premier League trophy with Liverpool, and that’s what we are trying to do.”- Roberto Firmino
19. “I have evolved a lot as a player working with Klopp, who is a very tactical coach.” – Roberto Firmino quotes
20. “I used to be very shy, much more so than I am now. It’s great that I’ve improved in that regard. Every day, I’m getting better and less… embarrassed.” – Roberto Firmino
20. “I learned a lot in Germany, and the German mentality really helped me. It was an enormous step in my life.”-Roberto Firmino
21. “I’ve always been shy; it’s just that I transform on the pitch. I’m a different person. Off the pitch, I’m another person. That’s how it has to be.” – Roberto Firmino
22. “I’d be happy if I was part of a Liverpool side that kept winning titles, cups, and made history.” – Roberto Firmino
23. “Liverpool are one of the greats in Europe, and being able to be part of the history of such a great club is gratifying to me.” – Roberto Firmino
24. “Klopp is a fantastic guy. I rate him as an extremely professional coach, perfectionist, and a winning mentality.”-Roberto Firmino
25. “I just want to win and carrying on winning for Liverpool.” – Roberto Firmino
26. “I don’t think it’s a problem if you play well and don’t score when you are creating chances.” – Roberto Firmino
27. “I always modeled myself on Ronaldinho. He was one of my favorites who I followed a lot – his magic made us want to imitate him and his football. Is my goal celebration a tribute to him? Yes, of course. I like him a lot.” – Roberto Firmino quotes
28. “I’ve been quite hyperactive since I was a child.” – Roberto Firmino
Related: 44 Interesting Kylian Mbappe quotes
29. “It comes easy to me to run. I picked a lot of it up from Germany. I had four-and-a-half years there, and I learned you have to be on the automatic button. Press it, and you go: you keep running, chasing and working.” – Roberto Firmino
30. “I like to relax; of course I do! But when I am inside the pitch, that is it. You have to go on full on from the first minute.” – Roberto Firmino
31. “Being shy has never held me back.” – Roberto Firmino
32. “I’m not used to doing press conferences, and I don’t like giving interviews.” – Roberto Firmino
33. “Being shy has never held me back.” – Roberto Firmino quotes
34. “My family mean a lot to me, but I guess that’s like it is with every other player.” – Roberto Firmino
35. “We lived in a tough neighborhood where there were gangs, and although my mum made sure I studied at school, they also allowed me to follow my dream to play football.” – Roberto Firmino
36. “If you are in the draw, then you cannot be afraid of anyone.” – Roberto Firmino quotes
37. “I pray and listen to music on the way to the stadium. I also bless myself just before kick-off.” Roberto Firmino
38. “I used to finish school and go and play football.”- Roberto Firmino
39. “When people ask what my ambitions are for the rest of my career, I always say that I live in the present.”- Roberto Firmino
Roberto Firmino Quotes (Summary)
Thanks for checking our quick collection of quotes by Roberto Firmino and his sayings and ideologies about soccer.
Don’t forget to like, share, and drop your comments.
Even More Quotes