What is Olamide net worth?
|Olamide Net Worth:||$18 Million|
|Born:||March 15, 1989|
|Country of Origin:||Nigeria|
|Education:||Tai Solarin University|
|Source of Wealth:||Music, Endorsements, and Businesses|
|1st Hit Project:||“E Ni Duro” 2010|
Olamide, better known by his stage name Badoo, is a famed indigenous rapper who is regarded as one of the first few artists in Nigeria to bring indigenous rapping, second only to Da Grin.
It was his ability to perform indigenous Yoruba rapping that drew the attention of the Nigerian audience, as there was only one other musician in the country who attempted it.
Olamide Badoo currently owns one of the most successful record labels in Nigeria, which has produced other well-known artists such as Adekunle Gold, Lil Kesh, FireBoy DML, and others.
Olamide Net Worth
As of 2022, Olamide’s net worth is believed to be approximately $18 million dollars, placing him extremely near to the top ten richest musicians in Nigeria at the time of writing this article.
Olamide Biography & Early Life
Olamide was born on the 15th of March, 1989, in Bariga, Lagos State, to the Adedeji family. He grew up in the Adedeji household.
He received his early education and high school education in Lagos State before transferring to the Tai Solarin University of Education in Ogun State, where he majored in mass communication.
He started working in the music industry right after graduating from high school and hasn’t looked back since.
Upon being asked why music, he responded, “I discovered I was gifted in it, therefore I had to investigate it further.” It’s all I do.
Rapsodi is Olamide’s debut studio album. It was released in 2011 under the Coded Tunes record label featuring guest appearances from Pheelz, 9ice, D’banj, Wizkid, Reminisce, and many others.
That was just the rise of Olamide net worth because soon, he released his second studio album titled Yahoo Boy No Laptop (YBNL), on November 12, 2012.
Who knew Olamide, on the list of top 10 will be regarded as the best rapper in Nigeria today?
The artist that made guest appearance in the album include Kay Switch, Kidakudz, Davido, Tiwa Savage, and Buckwlya.
The producers are Pheelz, Samklef, 2kris, Tyrone, and ID Cabasa. It had four singles – Ilefo Illuminati (2011), First of All (2012), Stupid Love (2012), Voice of the Street (2012), Owotabua, and Duro Soke.
The lyrics of the album focuses on his love for God and the streets that raised him. The album received 2 awards from The Headies 2013 as the Best Rap Album and Album of the Year.
Yahoo Boy No Laptop (YBNL) Nation Label is an independent record label founded in 2012 by Olamide Adedeji. The name is a slang referring to young boy making money with no illegal dealings.
The label has signed many artistes: Lil Kesh, Chinko Ekun, Adekunle Gold, D J Enimoney, Picazo, Temmi Ovwasa, and many more. While the likes of Adekunle Gold, Lil Kesh have left, some are still under the label.
In 2016, it won the record label of the year in the City People Entertainment Award. It is still one of the top music record labels in Nigeria.
Fast forward to 2015, Olamide released his fifth studio album titled Eyan Mayweather, in November 23, 2015.
It was released through YBNL Nation with studio production from Pheelz, B-Banks, ID Cabasa, and Young John. It has four singles: Bobo (2015), Matters Arising (2015), Lagos Boys (2015), and Melo Melo (2015).
In the following years, Olamide has worked with other prominent Nigerian musicians like Falz, Zlatan, Phyno, Naira Marley, Timi Dakolo, Harry Song, and many others.
Related: Timi Dakolo net worth and biography
Olamide’s Career Highlights
As of today, Olamide’s net worth is estimated at $18 Million dollars. Here are some of his highlights:
- Best Indigenous Artist, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013
- Male Artiste of the Year, Too Xclusive Awards, 2015
- Artiste of the Year, Too Xclusive Awards, 2015
- Artist of the Year, The Headies, 2015
- Best Street-hop Artiste, The Headies, 2015
- Rap Artist of the Year, City People Entertainment Awards, 2015
- Rap Act of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2016
- Best Album of the Year, ‘YBNL’ Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013
- The Best Collabo of the Year, ‘Ghost Mode Phyno featuring Olamide’, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013
- Best Rap Album and Album of the Year, YBNL, The Headies, 2013
- The Best Afro Hip-hop Video Durosoke Nigeria Music Video Awards, 2013
- Best Street Hip-hop Artiste, Durosoke, The Headies, 2013
- Most Gifted West ‘Turn Up’ Channel O Music Video Awards, 2014
- Album of the Year, ‘Baddest Guy Ever Liveth’ The Headies, 2014
- Best Rap Album, ‘Baddest Guy Ever Liveth’ The Headies, 2014
- Mixtape of the Year, ‘2Kings’, Olamide and Phyno, Too xclusive Awards, 2015
- Best Hip-hop Track ‘Local Rapper’ Reminisce featuring Olamide & Phyno, Too Xclusive Awards, 2015
- Video Wonder of the Year, ‘Melo Melo’ Too Xclusive Awards, 2015
- Certified Banger of the Year ‘Shakiti Bobo’ Too Xclusive Awards, 2015
- Album of the Year ‘Eyan Mayweather’ Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2016.
Related: Wande Coal net worth and biography
Favorite Quotes From Olamide
- “If it’s not making money it’s not making sense.” – Olamide
- “I’m chasing my dreams, I don’t care if anybody mumbles over it” – Olamide
- “We can’t feel the same pain, the same way, some go shine, some go sigh, some go shout, ewee. So don’t blame me, don’t blame me now if you can’t see the picture” – Olamide
- “Nobody gave me the opportunity so I could do it my way” – Olamide
- “I’ll rather be the lion in the jungle than to be a dog in the city” – Olamide
Life Lessons From Olamide
Olamide didn’t become the superstar he is as easy as it looks today, but he earned it through hardwork, dedication and commitment.
This is a lesson for everyone especially the youths in whatever aspect of life we are, we need to be hardworking and dedicated to our business.
Olamide focused on what he knows how to do best and it paid off for him. He is one of the few Nigerian hip-hop artist who raps in indigenous language which is Yoruba.
In our journey of life, we should strive to be the best at whatever we do and be unique in the best possible manner.
Olamide keeps his fans entertained by dropping hit songs every year and he has done this consistently since the start of his music career.
This shows that we should be consistent in any aspect of business that we find ourselves.
We should also know what our fans in the form of customers want and make products that will ultimately satisfy these wants.
Related: Tekno Miles net worth and biography
Olamide Net Worth (Summary)
Olamide’s net worth as of 2020 is estimated to be roughly $17.6 Million dollars. So, tell us, what did you think?
Even More Topics:
Am looking good because that am from the same state to OLAMIDE ADEDEJI so am very happy for you