We bring to you 30 notable Nana Akufo Addo quotes about politics, governance, and success.
Nana Akufo Addo is one of the most popular names on the African continent.
This is largely due to the reputable position he holds as the incumbent president of Ghana. Before his rise to the position of President, he was largely unknown across Africa, though he was an upstanding member of the Ghanaian community.
Given his position as President, Nana Akufo Addo net worth has always been a talking point for Ghanaians. In fact, he is listed as one of the top 10 richest men in Ghana today.
In this post about Nana Akufo Addo quotes, you’ll learn more about his perspectives about politics, governance, success, and more.
30 Nana Akufo Addo Quotes About Politics & Success
1. “You have to respect unreservedly, the authority of the coach, and the authority of the captain. That is basic rules, non-negotiable rules. If you don’t do it, everybody will be going their separate ways. If you do that, you cement the teamwork, and you will become a cohesive forceful force.” – Nana Akufo Addo
2. “I will protect the public purse. We will provide vision and direction.” – Nana Akufo Addo
3. “It is time to make sure that there is a separation of powers in our arms of government. I ask you to be citizens, not spectators: citizens, not subjects.” – Nana Akufo Addo
4. “I will not let the people of Ghana down. It is time to define what being a Ghanaian ought to mean. Being a Ghanaian must mean you sign up to a definable code of conduct.” – Nana Akufo Addo quotes
5. “I see exciting times ahead, the rule of law will be the underlining tenet of our governance. As we seek to move our country to a situation beyond aid, I urge all Ghanaians to be true champions of a law-based state whose establishments are solid enough to sanction effectively vigilantism, bank frauds, cyber frauds, illegal mining, identity thefts, stealing of public funds, bribery and corruption, criminal cartels and criminal behavior in general, including assault on and by law enforcement officers.” – Nana Akufo Addo
6. “I shall protect the public purse by insisting on value for money in all transactions. We should learn and accept that we do not own the land, but hold in trust for future generations. After 60 years of independence, we no longer have any excuse for being poor.” – Nana Akufo Addo
7. “A responsible government is required to look at all the implications before decisions are made. And that is the exercise we are currently engaged in, and I am hoping that much sooner than later, we will agree on what those measures are and the Ghanaian people will be informed.” – Nana Akufo Addo
8. “We must eat what we grow to motivate our farmers and support the development of the local food industry. Indeed, Rebecca, my beautiful wife, our First Lady, insists that we eat local rice at home, and has made sure of it. I call on all Ghanaians to follow my example and eat local rice.” – Nana Akufo Addo
9. “Stay true to your principles. I think there are two types of people in this world. Those who walk to the sound of other people’s drums and those who walk to the sound of their drums. I much prefer those who walk to the sound of their drums. So listen to yourself and make sure that the decisions that you are going to make are decisions that are in consonance with your understanding of what is best for Ghana football.” – Nana Akufo Addo quotes
10. “I have great confidence in the Ghanaian sense of enterprise, creativity, innovation, and hard work. I believe firmly that given an enabling atmosphere, the sky is the limit for us.” – Nana Akufo Addo
11. “The new Ghana is Ghana beyond aid.” – Nana Akufo Addo
12. “I was not elected by the overwhelming majority of the Ghanaian people to complain; I was elected to get things done.” – Nana Akufo Addo
13. “I am in a great hurry to deal with the problems we face as a country.” – Nana Akufo Addo
14. “I will not allow this economy to collapse under my watch.” – Nana Akufo Addo
15. “I am in an excellent position of being the first Ghanaian leader to be able to draw some experience from the three living former presidents.” – Nana Akufo Addo quotes
16. “Just as technology offers opportunities to grow our economies and bring progress to our people, there are criminal syndicates who will always be bent on exploiting it for their selfish interests. They have to be relentlessly fought.” – Nana Akufo Addo
17. “My administration believes that it is time to build the bridge across the Atlantic with our kith and kin both in the Americas and the Caribbean. We have to find the measures and the mechanisms to enable us to reach out across the Atlantic to solidify and build on that relationship.” – Nana Akufo Addo
18. “I assure you that we know what to do to bring our economy back to life. What we do not know how to do is to bring people back to life. We will, therefore, protect people’s lives, then their livelihoods.” – Nana Akufo Addo
19. “There is no one-size-fits-all approach to this pandemic. We have a unique situation in our country, and we must take it into account in dealing with the disease while meeting all the six (6) key WHO guidelines on the most effective ways of combating the pandemic.” – Nana Akufo Addo quotes
20. “This is not the time for politicking or the display of partisanship. The virus does not care which party you belong to, neither is it, as we have seen, a respecter of persons. The enemy is the virus and not each other.” – Nana Akufo Addo
21. “Let us all remember that the destiny of all black people no matter where they are in the world is bound up with Africa. We must help make Africa the place for investment, progress, and prosperity and not from where our youth flee in the hope of accessing the mirage of a better life in Europe or the Americas.” – Nana Akufo Addo
22. “Our political opponents went as far as making unfortunate statements such as ‘the drones will be used to take pictures of women bathing in the villages. Today, we can all see how impactful this service has been, just within the past five months of its operations.” – Nana Akufo Addo
23. “I ask you to be citizens: citizens, not spectators; citizens, not subjects; responsible citizens building your communities and our nation. Let us work until the work is done” – Nana Akufo Addo quotes
24. “I came to the presidency as an older man, so I know about what it takes to wait for office. You are a young man, plenty of time ahead for you. We pray for long life for you and health and that you commit yourself like you have done through your spokesperson today, to reconciliation in Dagbon.” – Nana Akufo Addo
25. “There are sections of the Ghanaian community that have attempted to stigmatize you and the Commission as being inefficient, incapable of being able to run this institution efficiently, and all of that. It’s going to be a big test for you to disprove these allegations and be able to show that whatever arrangements you put in place at the end of the day are efficient and enable therefore the Commission to deliver on its mandate in a manner that is incontestable.” – Nana Akufo Addo
26. “It is not good for us politicians to be misleading the people. If you have not done something, don’t claim it, don’t write it in your book, don’t make pronouncements on it. The people themselves can tell the truth of what is going on. I think it is vital that we, the political leaders of the country, exercise some sense of responsibility when we are making some of these claims.” – Nana Akufo Addo quotes
27. “When we make the wrong choices, we must act to set things right. When those put in charge of running the affairs of the state get it wrong, we must have the courage, humanity, and the selflessness to say so. That is our patriotic duty. We should also not be seen, at every given opportunity, to be running down our nation merely to realize our narrow, and partisan interest. That is not acceptable patriotism.” – Nana Akufo Addo
28. “Politicians are not the only persons who make mistakes. Media practitioners, like all human beings, can also make mistakes, and, when they do, they should have the humility to acknowledge their error, and not have their misdeeds atoned under the guise of ‘media freedom. Irresponsible media practice is an abuse of freedom of expression, not its manifestation.” – Nana Akufo Addo
29. “The change we have voted for has to start with each individual. I ask you to be responsible citizens.” – Nana Akufo Addo quotes
Summary of Nana Akufo Addo Quotes
Thanks for checking our quick collection of quotes from Nana Akufo Addo. What did you think?
Let’s have your comment in the box provided below, and don’t forget to like and share this post.
Even More Topics: