Yay! We bring to 60 notable Kasper Schmeichel quotes about soccer, life, and success.
Kasper Schmeichel was born on 5 November 1986. He is a Danish professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Premier League club Leicester City and the Denmark national team.
He is the son of former Manchester United and Danish international goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel.
The skilled goalkeeper began his career with Manchester City, and today, Kasper Schmeichel net worth is proof that he is a successful footballer.
Over the years, you’ll agree that would be great ideologies about football and goalkeeping from this iconic goalkeeper.
So, in this quick collection of Kasper Schmeichel quotes, you’ll learn more about his perspectives on goalkeeping, life, and success.
Kasper Schmeichel Quotes About Soccer You Shouldn’t Forget
1. “The pressure of being a goalkeeper is one of those things that attracts a lot of people to the position, if you don’t have that, if you don’t enjoy that pressure, I don’t think you’re suited to playing goalkeeper. It’s about being strong mentally, being able to see the difference between making honest mistakes and silly mistakes.” – Kasper Schmeichel
2. “The grass is not always greener on the other side. It is about recognizing what you do have and being grateful for what you do have.
3. “My dad had a great career and if I could win a tenth of what he did in football, I’d be happy.” – Kasper Schmeichel quotes
4. “One in 10 women will get breast cancer at some stage in their life and that’s quite a scary thought.” – Kasper Schmeichel
5. “I first heard about Common Goal through Juan Mata and knew it was something I’d be interested in.” – Kasper Schmeichel
6. “Relegation means everything to a club, a city, a whole community. People lose their jobs.” – Kasper Schmeichel
7. “To win four games in a row at any point in the season for any team in the Premier League is a great achievement.” – Kasper Schmeichel
8. “You are responsible for your own career, if you ain’t preparing right, you are not going to get picked.” – Kasper Schmeichel
9. “We have the utmost respect for any team we play, football is a game where there is no right or wrong way of playing.” – Kasper Schmeichel quotes
10. “Notts County were League Two and they had the great plans. Things were happening and I was like ‘wow these guys are serious.’ It was a mad season because we were flying private jets to the game. It was all a farce and I had signed a five-year contract.” – Kasper Schmeichel
11. “Training every day – I loved everything about that.” – Kasper Schmeichel
12. “Manuel Neuer changed the game completely, probably back in about 2010 at the World Cup. He had been playing as a sweeper-keeper before but it was something completely new to see it to that extent for Bayern Munich and for Germany. Both his coaches, Joachim Low and Pep Guardiola; they utilized the fact that he was brave enough to do that.” – Kasper Schmeichel quotes
13. “You can never replicate the pressure you’re under in a game.” – Kasper Schmeichel
14. “It’s a lonely position and those are the margins you play in as a goalkeeper – you simply cannot make mistakes because you will be punished.” – Kasper Schmeichel
15. “People see you for 90 minutes a week, they don’t see the all the effort and time that goes into the weekend.” – Kasper Schmeichel
16. “In this life, you end up getting what you deserve.” – Kasper Schmeichel quotes
17. “Football was so over-awing, so intense, just everything in your life. You couldn’t go anywhere, really, with my dad and the circus around football became too much for me at a young age. I fell back in love with it probably around 13-14. It was much to do with the camaraderie, the teamwork and being part of a team.” – Kasper Schmeichel
18. “The surname’s definitely not been a help, that’s for sure, but it’s got no relevance to me at all. That’s my name, I’ve always fielded those questions from the media, but I just get on with it.” – Kasper Schmeichel
19. “I would back myself against any keeper in the world.” – Kasper Schmeichel
20. “The FA Cup has a special place in our family’s hearts because my dad won it three times with Manchester United.” – Kasper Schmeichel
21. “My dad was a fantastic keeper and I am extremely proud of his achievements.” – Kasper Schmeichel quotes
22. “That is just the beauty of football – anything can happen.” – Kasper Schmeichel
23. “When you’re a kid you want to be a striker, you want to be scoring goals. I still want to be scoring goals! It’s the easiest part of football, no it’s not, it’s the best part of football – the one you enjoy the most. But I always knew that my particular skill set was more suited to being a goalkeeper.” – Kasper Schmeichel
25. “A lot of goalkeepers are naturally very vocal and outgoing so it’s a natural thing for a keeper.” – Kasper Schmeichel
26. “Even when I was down in the fourth division with Bury at 19, fighting off relegation, training in a local park with dogs running around everywhere, literally stepping over broken bottles to take a goal kick – I was learning.” – Kasper Schmeichel quotes
27. “To me, as a keeper, you don’t learn anything from sitting in the stands collecting a paycheck. You don’t learn from eating the organic lunches at the buffet, you know what I mean? You can only learn from experience.” – Kasper Schmeichel
28. “When I was a kid and my dad was playing for Man United, I used to stand behind the goal watching Eric Cantona, David Beckham, Paul Scholes, Mark Hughes, Andrei Kanchelskis, Ryan Giggs… and I used to try to save all their shots that went wide, imagining I was deciding the title for United.” – Kasper Schmeichel
29. “The crazy thing about my story is that I only came to Leicester City because Leeds didn’t want me. A lot of footballers say that, and it’s almost a cliché. But the chairman literally told me that they didn’t want me.” – Kasper Schmeichel quotes
30. “When you go out on loan it’s not the glitz and glamour, there’s nowhere near the amount of money there is at the top level. People’s livelihoods are on the line, mortgages and families. You are making decisions which can affect people.” – Kasper Schmeichel quotes
31. “You’ll make mistakes, but if you make mistakes by trying to do the right things, then they’re mistakes that most coaches and most teammates can accept.” – Kasper Schmeichel
32. “You look at situations like Thibaut Courtois and Petr Cech at Chelsea, two of the best goalkeepers in the world at the same club, one of them’s going to be unhappy.” – Kasper Schmeichel
33. “If you have got pace and awareness of where you want the ball and where you want to go yourself, you are getting in positions behind defenders and that is what defenders want the least.” – Kasper Schmeichel
34. “My world, the world that I have grown up in, is very different. I have had intrusions from the outside since the day I was born because of my dad. Always wanting to talk to you. A lot of players only get that when they turn pro so the first 18 years of their life were the same as any other person’s.” – Kasper Schmeichel quotes
35. “I might not be very approachable because through my whole life, from when I was eight years old, I had people camping behind my goal and hearing the whispers, ‘It’s Peter Schmeichel’s son.” – Kasper Schmeichel
36. “I hated getting to a Saturday and not having a game. For me it was about playing.” – Kasper Schmeichel
37. “You have got to dream big.” – Kasper Schmeichel
38. “Opposition fans try to get under my skin by singing, ‘You’ll never be your father’ – and they are quite right, I never will be as good as him. But I would still love to make a name for myself, aim to play at the highest level possible, and prove that sons who follow their dads into the same business need not walk in their shadows.” – Kasper Schmeichel quotes
39. “When you’re a manager it’s different from being a coach.” – Kasper Schmeichel
40. “I am happy with how my career has gone. What other people want to make of it is irrelevant to me.” – Kasper Schmeichel
41. “He has nothing to do with me and football really. I don’t see any need for us to start talking about football. Some players have relationships with their fathers where they talk football and get into arguments about it. It is something we have never done. It is just a natural thing, he is my dad and not my coach.” – Kasper Schmeichel
42. “I can only have admiration for the Irish as a nation.” – Kasper Schmeichel
43. “Pressure does things to people.” – Kasper Schmeichel quotes
44. “You can train all you want but when the pressure’s on it’s a tough situation and anyone who has the nerve to step up and take one has my utmost respect.” – Kasper Schmeichel
45. “No one asks the players’ opinions. They tell us the rules but they won’t listen to us.” – Kasper Schmeichel
46. “The way Ederson plays is so brave. To dare to play like that is bravery and it also enables City to play with a much higher press. They are able to really press because they know any ball in behind he will sweep up.” – Kasper Schmeichel
47. “I used to love Mark Clattenburg.” – Kasper Schmeichel
48. “I tend not to listen to pundits.” – Kasper Schmeichel quotes
49. “For me, pressure is part of the game, that I really enjoy.” – Kasper Schmeichel
50. “It was part of my dream when I was a kid to become a footballer, is to have that pressure, to be the man who is going to be there when everything is on the line.” – Kasper Schmeichel
51. “I have no bad feelings towards Leeds. The fans were amazing and I hope, for their sake especially, that they get what they deserve.
52. “I came across a picture of myself back at Old Trafford stood next to the Premier League trophy. One of my friends said to me, ‘Do you honestly think you will ever win it?’ I said I had dreamed about it, but wasn’t sure. He said, ‘If you don’t believe it, it will never happen.’ 53. “From that moment I said I would believe it could happen one day.” – Kasper Schmeichel quotes
54. “I’m happy to talk to anybody but do it in the right manner.” – Kasper Schmeichel
55. “So the difference between goalkeepers and outfielders is the little, tiny, minute details which are the difference and when they go against you, they are really glaring and they will be spotted.” – Kasper Schmeichel
56. “One of my biggest goals is to not be remembered as just a footballer.” – Kasper Schmeichel
57. “From the beginning of my time in football, the common thread has always been teamwork and togetherness. That’s what’s going to help you achieve your goals in the end.” – Kasper Schmeichel quotes
58. “My wife and I have already set up a charity back in Denmark – Fodbold Fonden – and now, through Common Goal, I have a great opportunity to give back in other areas of the world as well.” – Kasper Schmeichel
59. “You enter every competition wanting to go as far as you can.” – Kasper Schmeichel
60. “The important statistic is the number of games you win.” – Kasper Schmeichel
61. “Clean sheet is a misleading statistic. It gives you the platform to win a game but you can lead 5-0 and concede a goal.” – Kasper Schmeichel
Summary of Kasper Schmeichel quotes
Thanks for checking our quick collection of quotes by Kasper Schmeichel. Would you tell us which of these quotes you find more notable?
Let’s have your comment in the box provided below, and don’t forget to like and share this post.
Even More Quotes: