What is Genevieve Nnaji net worth today?
- Genevieve Nnaji net worth: $10 million
- Full Name: Genevieve Nnaji
- Date of Birth: 3 May 1979
- Hometown: Mbaise, Imo State
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Education: Lagos State University
- Occupation: Actress, Model and Movie Director
Genevieve Nnaji has become a sort of Nollywood royalty in the Nigerian movie industry. Her on going journey to success is one that is full of ups and downs, but just like every success story, hers has been as a result of carefully made decisions and a will to succeed where many have failed.
She is one of the most profiled actresses in Africa, but fame and the fortune that followed after did not just happen overnight for this beautiful actress. It took years of hardwork, dedication to get her to the stage she is now. Let’s quickly check through Genevieve Nnaji net worth.
Genevieve Nnaji Net Worth and highlights
You won’t be wrong to say that Genevieve Nnaji has seen it all, as far as wealth, fame and power is concerned. You might have been wondering what is Genevieve Nnaji net worth?
As a matter of fact, Genevieve Nnaji is among the top searched Nigerian actress on Google. It is no longer news that she is one of the richest actresses in Nigeria.
She has an outstanding career and she is indeed an example and model to women. Genevieve’s glamorous career is worthy of emulation and we are glad to let you know that Genevieve Nnaji net worth is $10million which makes her one of the billionaire actress in Nollywood.
Genevieve Nnaji has become a billionaire as a result of her Lionheart contract with Netflix.. Genevieve is also said to be among Nollywood’s highest-paid actress. She runs various businesses when she is not shooting movies, including her clothing line, “St. Genevieve.”
Some of her achievements are listed below;
- Nigerian National Honor of Member of the Order of the Federal Republic (MFR).
- Best Actress of the year in the City People’s Awards (2001).
- Best Actress in a leading role at the African Movie Academy Awards AMAA (2005).
- Best Actress in a TV Show at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards (2010).
- Best Actress in an African Collaboration at the Ghana Movie Awards (2010).
- Best Actress at the Zulu African Film Academy Awards (2011).
- Breakthrough Performance at the Monaco Charity Film Festival Awards(2011).
- Beat Actress at the City Peoples Awards (2011)
- Nollywood Movies Awards (2012) Best viewers choice Female.
- Best Actress in a leading role at NAFCA (2013).
- Best Actress in a supporting role for ‘Half of a yellow sun’ at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards (2014).
- She won the City People’s Awards for Best Actress of the Year and is the first recipient of thaward in Nigeria.
- In 2015, she won the Best Actress in a Leading Role at the Africa Movie Academy.
- Best movie in West Africa (Road to yesterday) at the African Magic Viewers Choice Awards AMVCA (2016).
- ‘Lionheart’, one of the movies she directed was nominated for the Nigerian Oscars Selection Committee in 2019. Sadly, the movie didn’t meet the language criteria but one thing Genevieve is proud of is that the movie was the first Nigerian film to ever be considered by the Oscars.
Related: Top 10 Richest actors in Nigeria
Geneveive Nnaji was born in the eastern part of Nigeria, Mbaise a region located in Imo State, but she grew up in Lagos. She is the fourth child among the family of eight and was brought up in a catholic religion.
Genevieve’s father was an engineer, before he retired while the mother was a nursery school teacher. Genevieve attended Methodist Girls College Yaba, Lagos State before she proceeded to University of Lagos, where she graduated with a bachelors degree in creative arts.
Genevieve Nnaji’s Career
Genevieve Nnaji was very tender when she went into acting. At age of 8, she appeared in a soap opera called “Ripples”, a famous TV program at that time. She made her first acting debut in the popular movie “Most Wanted” in 1998. By this time, she was 19 and has come of age to pursue a career in the buzzing Nigerian movie industry.
She went on to star in plenty of movies and was sweeping awards for her outstanding performances in the various roles she was given. After starring in over 200 movies, Genevieve decided to go into producing and directing movies.
Genevieve Nnaji is one of the richest and highest-paid female actresses in the movie industry. Due to her success and positive impact in the movie industry, she became the first movie star to receive the Best Actress award at the City People’s Awards in 2001. After that feat, she received the Censors Board of Nigeria award for Best Actress, impressively she is the first recipient of the award.
The first movie to be produced by the legendary actress was titled “Road to Yesterday” and it was later nominated for the Best Movie Overall in West Africa, held at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards (AMVCA) in 2016.
Genevieve Nnaji Movies
In 2018, she directed the movie “Lionheart” which was purchased by a popular streaming platform, Netflix for millions of dollars. This made her film the first-ever Netflix original film from Nigeria.
After achieving all there is to achieve in the movie industry, Genevieve Nnaji decided to try her strength in the music industry. She released her first and only album titled One Logologo Line which comprised Hip-hop, R&B, and Urban Music. Her album was produced and released under the umbrella of EKB Records, a Ghanaian record label to which she was signed at that time.
Genevieve stunning looks, charm and charisma attracted a lot of brands and movie producers. She has over the years modelled for several top companies.
She has featured in several commercials, including for Pronto (Beverage) and Omo detergent. In 2004, she won a lucrative deal with Lux after winning their contest in 2014 and consequently became the “Face of Lux” in Nigeria. In 2008, she launched her own clothing line which she named “St. Genevieve”. The proceeds from her clothing brand go to charity.
In May 2010, Genevieve Nnaji was appointed as the official “Face of MUD” in Nigeria.
Frequently asked questions about Genevieve Nnaji
Where was Genevieve Nnaji born?
Genevieve Nnaji was born in Mbaise, Imo State.
Who is Genevieve’s Father and Mother?
Theophilus Nnaji is Genevieve’s father he worked as an engineer and her mother Benedatte Nnaji work in as a nursery school teacher.
Who is Genevieve’s Husband?
After Genevieve gave birth when she was just 17 years old, she later divorce with her husband and she never marries another man
Who is Genevieve Nnaji’s Daughter
Genevieve gave birth to Theodora while she was just 17 years old
How did Genevieve Nnaji get her wealth?
She got her wealth from movies and endorsements, contracts, and businesses.
Related: Rita Dominic net worth and biography
Genevieve Nnaji Quotes
- “To begin with to understand your soul as an integral part of yourself and begin to connect with your soul as a part of your full being and your true nature is the beginning of wisdom and the portal to true joy.”
- “If we open our hearts to give love we are immediately transported to the joy and blessings of love.”
- “The footprints of an angel in your life are love.”
- “God wasn’t powerful because he was right, He was right because he was powerful.”
- “The depth of my sorrow is my joy”
- “At the end of the day I was born alone, I’m going to die alone, I breathe alone. So I definitely have the right to how I want to live my life, and as a woman, the fact of the matter is no one needs to tell me otherwise.”
- “I am a product of Nollywood and my loyalty remains unshaken.”
- “Let girls grow up to become woman and make a choice, what they want.”
- “Chocolates and cakes are the biggest problem I have. That is why I punish myself at the gym because I know I can’t stop myself from eating what I want. I call it eating your cake and having it.”
- “Everyone makes mistakes. But to me, I will not tolerate any man who hits women. To me, that’s evil.”
- “When I was very prominent in the film industry, I played all sort of characters. Mum, daughter, deaf, dumb, blind, young, in school, wicked, kind –I’ve done it all. Even a mad woman.”
3 Great Lessons from Genevieve Nnaji
The truth of the matter is that for anybody to want to be like Genevieve, she must understand what Genevieve is made of because she is very determined and doesn’t believe in impossibilities, but follows her heart. So, it’s very important you listen to yourself. Don’t copy anybody or pretend to be somebody else.
- Focus on being creative and not what you will earn
Genevieve is well known for her opinion that people should not value themselves materially. According to her ,“I don’t talk money because I want people to focus on work,” She believes that been at your creative best, than to focus on the monetary gain.
- Achieve your dreams
Genevieve grew up in a relatively middle class family in the Surulere area of Lagos. The fifth of eight children, she didn’t grow up on the laps of luxury but with her parent’s liberal view on her artistic inclinations, Genevieve was already set for greatness. You might not have all the financial support you need to achieve your dreams, but start with what you have and the sky will be your starting point.
Genevieve Nnaji net worth (Summary)
That’s it on Genevieve Nnaji net worth. It took years of hard work, dedication and a stubborn will to get her to the stage she is now. If you have found this post to be helpful, please, give it a like, share and don’t forget to drop your comment.