What is Funke Akindele net worth today?
Funke Akindele Net worth, Age, Assets & Biography
- Funke Akindele’s Net Worth: $7.6 million
- Name: Akindele Olufunke Ayotunde
- Date of Birth: August 24, 1977
- Profession: Actress, Film Producer
- Education: University of Lagos
- Nationality: Nigerian
Funke Akindele is a Nigerian actress, film producer, screenwriter, and entrepreneur. Funke Akindele starred in the sitcom I Need to Know from 1998 to 2002, and in 2009
She is popularly known as ‘Jenifa’, a character she played in a movie titled Jenifa. Funke Akindele has carved out a niche for herself in the Nigerian entertainment industry with the way she fondly interprets her role.
Funke won the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role. Funke Akindele plays the lead character in the show Jenifa’s Diary, for which she was named Best Actress in a Comedy at the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards.
This actress has gone through the thick and thin paths of life. Currently, she is among the top 10 richest actresses in Nigeria.
Let’s learn about Funke Akindele net worth.
Funke Akindele Net Worth and Highlights
Funke Akindele net worth is currently $7.6 million. She makes a lot of money from her passion for acting. Now, she has become involved in the list of most famous film actresses in the film industry.
She has multiple endorsement deals such as being an Ambassador to Irokotv. In 2018, she was signed as a brand ambassador for Keystone Bank.
In November 2019, she signed an endorsement deal with Waw Nigeria, a company that manufactures detergent and bar soaps. However, It can not be disputed that she spent part of her money on luxury
Awards and Nominations
Funke Akindele is one of the best and richest actresses in Nigeria. Therefore, it should not come as a surprise that she has been nominated for several awards and, so far, she has won a good number of them.
Below is a list of awards she has been nominated for and those she has won.
Related: Rita Dominic net worth and biography
- 2010 Best of Nollywood Awards for Best Actress in a lead role (Oguni Aiku)
- 2012 Best of Nollywood Awards for Best Actress (Married but living single)
- 2013 Nollywood Movies Awards for Best Actress ( maami)
- 2016 Nigeria Entertainment Awards for Best Actress, Series (Jenifa’s Diary)
- Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards for Best Actress in a Comedy Movie or TV Series ( A trip to Jamaica)
Awards won so far include:
- Africa Movie Academy Award
- Nigerian Entertainment Awards for best actress (Jenifa).
- Nigerian Entertainment awards best actress ( Troj)
- Nollywood Movies Awards for best actress (Emi abata)
- Zulu African Film Academy Awards for best actress (Maami and the return of Jenifa)
- Nollywood Movies Awards for best actress, indigenous (Maami)
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards for Best Actress in lead role (Agnetta O’Mpa) .
- Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards for Best Actress, Comedy (Return of Sheri Koko respectively ).
- ELOY Awards for Brand Ambassador of the Year (Omo detergent)
- Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards for best actress in Comedy Role (Jenifa’s Diary)
- Naija FM awards for sitcom of the year and best actress in comedy (Jenifa’s Diary).
- In the same year, she also won the Africa Entertainment Legend Awards for Best Actress of the Year (Jenifa’s Diary)
- Ghana Movies Awards for Best Actress Africa Collaboration ( A trip to Jamaica).
- Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards for Best TV Series (Jenifa’s Diary).
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards for Best Lead Actress ( A trip to Jamaica)
- Best Actress in a comedy (Moms At war)
- Best Actress in a comedy (0mo Ghetto: The saga)
- Best costume designer (Omo Ghetto: The saga)
- Best Actress in a comedy (0mo Ghetto: The saga)
Related: Simi net worth and biography
Funke Akindele Biography
Funke Akindele was born on August 24, 1977, in Ikorodu, Lagos State, Nigeria. Funke Akindele is the second of three children (two girls and one boy). Funke Akindele’s mother is a medical doctor while her father is a retired school principal.
Funke Akindele obtained an Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Mass Communication from the former Ogun State Polytechnic, now known as Moshood Abiola Polytechnic and later to University of Lagos.
Related: Genevieve Nnaji net worth
Funke Akindele’s Career
Jenifa decided to pursue a career in acting even though she is a trained lawyer. One of her first movies was Naked Wire where she acted as a waitress.
Her journey to stardom began when she played the role of a curious but brilliant secondary school student in a popular TV series, I Need to Know which aired from 1998 -2002.
I Need to Know is a United Nations Population Fund sponsored Sitcom program created to enlighten the public on the issues teenagers face while growing up.
Funke has featured, written and produced many Nollywood movies especially Yoruba movies and has many hit movies to her name.
Funke Akindele got her major breakthrough when she played the main character in a comedy-drama movie, Jenifa where she acted as a ‘local girl’ from the village who went to Lagos for a ‘better’ life.
The movie was not just entertaining and hilarious but a massive success which she did well to harness the potential.
Funke Akindele inspired her ongoing TV series Jenifa’s Diary. Jenifa’s Diary has become a household name in most Nigerian homes and features talented artists such as Lota Chukwu, Folarin Falana (Falz Da bad guy) and Lolo, an OAP and TV personality.
Frequently asked questions about Funke Akindele
Which school did Funke Akindele attend?
Moshood Abiola Polytechnic and University of Lagos
Who is the mother of Funke Akindele?
The mother of Funke Akindele is Dr Adebanjo Akindele. She is a medical doctor.
Related: Regina Daniels net worth and biography
Who is the father of Funke Akindele?
The father of Funke Akindele is the late Mr Olusoji Akindele. He was a teacher, a retired school principal. Mr Akindele died in 2019.
How long has Funke Akindele acted?
Funke Akindele started her acting career in 1998 at the age of 21, starring as “Bisi” in the United Nations Population Fund-sponsored sitcom” I Need to Know”. She starred in the sitcom from 1998 to 2002, playing the role of a curious but smart secondary school girl.
Who is the first husband of Funke Akindele?
Funke Akindele’s first and former husband is Adeola Kehinde Oloyede, a politician who resides in Oshodi, Lagos. The couple got married On May 26, 2012, but later, the duo divorced in July 2013 attributed to some misunderstandings
Where is Funke Akindele home town?
Funke Akindele was born on August 24, 1976 in Ikorodu, Lagos State, Nigeria.
Who is the current husband of Funke Akindele?
The Husband of Funke Akindele is Abdulrasheed Bello popularly as JJC Skills. They got married in May 2016 in London.
- “Everyone makes mistakes, but admit your own before you point out someone else’s”
- “Success is a journey, not a destination. The process is often more important than the outcome”
- “Stop worrying about pleasing others so much, do more of what make you happy”
- “Bad things are always going to happen in life. People will hurt you. But you can’t use that as an excuse to hurt someone back”
- “When we pray, God hears more than we say, answers more than we ask, and gives more than we can imagine in His own time and own way”
- “The key to change is to let go of fear”
- “You never know how good you have it until you hear someone else’s story”
- “Dreams won’t come looking for you. That’s why you have to chase them. Pursue them until they become reality then hold on tightly”
- “It’s not having the skill to do something. It’s about having the will, desire and commitment to be your best”
- “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation. Originality is key”
Related: Joke Silva net worth and biography
3 Great life lessons from Funke Akindele
Remember what you have been thanked for
We do numerous deeds in our lifetime. For a few, we are thanked, and for others, we are not. Try to find out the various things you were thanked for in the past.
How did it make you feel? If you felt good, then try to recollect if doing a similar errand at a later stage also leads to getting “thanks” from someone. When you are thanked for something regularly, you are good at it, which could be your hidden talent.
Use your talents
It’s not news that Funke Akindele is multi-talented. Asides from being an actress and producer, she is also a lawyer, journalist, and dancer.
She is what you call a ‘Jack of All Trades’ and ‘Master of All’ and she embodies all these professions in her daily life from time to time. If God has blessed you with multiple gifts and talents, it’s time to deploy them and show the world how gifted you are.
Be consistent and hardworking
One thing that has been constant with Funke is her consistency and hard work. From her days of ‘I Need To Know’ in the late ’90s to her blockbuster movie, ‘Jenifa’ in 2008 which was the game changer for her career, and now to ‘Omo Ghetto’ being the highest-grossing Nollywood ever, all we can see is consistency
Funke Akindele Net Worth (Summary)
That’s it on Funke Akindele net worth. There are times in our lives when we feel discouraged and low. The situation worsens if there is no one else to uplift our morale.
During such times, you need to remember that you are blessed with immense talents, and once you recognize these, you will be able to get back on the driving seat again. What did you think?
Let’s have your comments, and don’t forget to like and share this post.