Dr. Kwame Addo Kufuor net worth is inevitably discussed by the majority of the Ghanaian population today. This is an expected result when it comes to an individual who once served as the President of the country.
This discussion is not limited to Ghanaians, considering the usual comparison of the net worth of African presidents among youths on the continent.
Kwame Addo-Kufuor is a huge representative of Ghana who has done his bit part in putting Ghana on the map of the world.
His legacy has since been extended by subsequent presidents that took over office after him. In this article, we will discuss Dr. Kwame Addo Kufuor net worth and see how he ranks among some of the richest in Ghana.
Kwame was born on the 14th of July, 1940. Detailed information about his childhood is relatively hard to come by.
Details of his life emerged as an adult when he attended the University of Cambridge where he studied medicine.
He graduated from the institution with a bachelor’s degree and proceeded for training at the Middlesex Medical School Hospital and Jesus College where he gained a license to practice medicine.
Related: Manu Chandaria net worth and biography
Kwame Addo Kufuor Net Worth & Career
As it stands, Kwame Addo Kufuor net worth is estimated at $1.2 billion Naira. No doubt, he is worth as much as some of the richest men in Nigeria.
Despite being a practicing doctor and a professional, Kwame’s career took a different turn over time.
He eventually built his career around politics, the majority of which was influenced by his brother, John Kufuor becoming president.
Addo-Kufuor is a registered member of the New Patriotic Party at the moment. He was elected into the office of parliament in January 1997 after winning the General elections back in December 1996.
Additionally, he was elected as a member of the parliament of the Manhyia constituency for four consecutive terms. This is a huge feat considering the difficulty of winning a parliament election in Ghana.
Through subsequent elections into office, Dr. Kwame Addo Kufuor net worth rose exponentially to unimaginable heights. This earned him most of the wealth he possesses today.
His first election into parliament came in 1996 when he ran against Yaw Addai who represented NDC at the time. He eventually won the election by posting exceptional results which saw him rack in 59,227 votes out of the total 72789 votes.
That figure stood at 63% of the total votes cast in the Manhyia constituency. At the second time of trying, he racked up an outstanding 81% against Samuel Donkoh who was also an NDC member.
During the Bekwai constituency elections in 2004, Kwame won the parliamentary elections in 2004 with the New Patriotic party.
In an election year that saw NPP dominate with over 36 seats out of the 39 available seats, Kwame was always on the winning team. The political party also won a total of 128 parliamentary seats out of 230 seats on the national level.
The contribution of NPP to the consecutive winning of parliamentary seats of Kwame cannot be overemphasized. These winning saw Dr. Kwame Addo Kufuor net worth reach unimaginable heights that would make anyone filled with envy.
Back in 2017, he was selected by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo to head the Board of Trustees of the Social Security and National Insurance Trust, (SSNIT), the state pension fund.
This further extended his active role in politics at a point where most people felt he was already going into the background.
Ever since his appointment, he transformed the SSNIT’s investment portfolio within the first year. The numbers he was able to achieve within such a short period were massive and commendable, bringing in a 5.77% real return in 2017 as against -5.93% in 2016.
Additionally, he was able to raise the performance levels of the external actuarial target of 3.3%. Within the same time frame, he was able to steer the agency to a 26.1% increase in contributions collection.
Related: Tony Elemelu net worth, assets, and career
- The only time I supported Akufo-Addo was when he was a flagbearer; before 2008 elections. I have never followed Akufo-Addo to campaign for him.
- In the 2000 elections I was mobilizing funds for President Kufuor’s campaign in the Ashanti Region and you can ask Dr Donkor Fordjuor? but I am saying today that Akufo-Addo and Bawumia are the best option for the party, and I have said this openly.
- If it was not love for my brother, I would not have left what I was doing to support him
- I don’t follow people for nothing.
- I was a self-made person before I entered into politics and so what will make me follow a particular candidate? I followed my brother for seven years when Rawlings was even hounding him daily.
- “It is important that we pass on the message that, what you receive as pension is a portion of your salary, which is calculated based on the contributions you made to SSNIT whiles in active service.
- What you put in determines what you get
- You are on record to have helped the Trust refocus its business on its key stakeholders, especially pensioners
- We should demonstrate commitment to dialogue as a means of resolving all dispute-related issues.
- We are confident that we can resolve all disputes in the spirit of cooperation, mutual respect and social partnership.
- We recognize the fact that the Police Service even today needs more logistics to perform its duties efficiently.
- How can we entrust the resources of a great state to young people who have not made anything of their lives?
Related: Top 10 Richest men in Kenya
- 2020 Outstanding Board Chairman of year
- Ghana Entrepreneur and Corporate Executive Awards
- 2019 Fellow of Royal of Society Tropical Medicine.
- Gold Medal for distinguished medical practice by the Ghana Medical and Dental Council in 2006
- Order of the Volta Companion Division by the Government of Ghana in 2008.
- Regardless of whatever happens in life, you should never move away from your passion. As seen in the life of Kwame, though he was called up to serve his people, he still practiced medicine which brought him the most joy and strength.
- It is important to keep focus in whatever you do. Distractions are a major source of failure for most people in different sectors in life. Having focus on the most important things will ensure you go far.
- There is no point in procrastination. It keeps a lot of things uncompleted and it may lead to damages that are irreparable. So, do what you need to do today!
- Never be afraid to go into a different direction in life. Due to the calls of his people to serve them, Kwame was never afraid to take the bold step of leaving his beloved profession and be where he was needed the most. Dr. Kwame Addo-Kufuor net worth might not be as much as it is today if he never took that step.
Related: Orji Uzor Kalu net worth and biography
Summary of Dr. Kwame Addo-Kufuor net worth
Dr. Kwame Addo Kufuor net worth is a reflection of the inevitable result of hard work, consistency, Adaptability, and versatility. He recorded success in the different ventures in which he found himself, mainly as a doctor and as a physician.
It goes without saying that being the best in whatever you do is unbeatable. This is the reason why he was already a made individual, even before he was elected into office.
This article has been able to inform you of Dr. Kwame Addo Kufuor net worth, his career journey to date, how he was able to navigate through changes in his life, and so much more.
Even More Topics: