How much is Dj Cuppy net worth?
|DJ Cuppy Net Worth:
|November 11, 1992
|Country of Origin:
|King’s College London
|Source of Wealth:
|Music, Business, Endorsements
DJ Cuppy holds a significant position in the music realm, recognized for her exceptional abilities and influence that stretches across Nigeria and beyond to the whole African continent.
Her prominence in the industry is unique, especially considering the limited number of successful female DJs in Nigeria.
Moreover, contrary to popular belief that DJs are not overly wealthy, the topic of DJ Cuppy’s net worth recurrently slideout when talking about the richest musicians in Nigeria.
The curiosity around DJ Cuppy’s exact net worth often stirs up debates among her fans, amplified by the fact that she is the daughter of billionaire businessman, Femi Otedola.
While it’s common to believe that most Nigerian DJs do not amass large fortunes, this perception isn’t entirely accurate – although that’s a topic for another time.
For now, this article is dedicated to exploring DJ Cuppy’s net worth, tracing her journey from her early life to her achievements, her career progression, and a host of fascinating aspects of her life.
Dj Cuppy Net Worth & Awards
As it stands today, DJ Cuppy is worth approximately $3 Million dollars
- Nominated as Female DJ at the ELOY Awards in 2014.
- DJ Cuppy won the Best Female DJ at the NEA Awards in 2015.
- Best female DJ of the Year at the Beatz Awards in 2016.
- DJ Cuppy was named Best Female DJ of the Year at the Beatz Awards in 2017.
- Best female DJ of the Year at the Beatz Awards in 2018.
DJ Cuppy Biography
Florence Ifeoluwa Otedola also known as DJ Cuppy was born on November 11, 1992. She is a Nigerian disc jockey and producer.
She is the daughter of Nigerian business mogul Femi Otedola who is one of the top 10 richest men in Nigeria. Cuppy spent most of her early life in Lagos State until she eventually moved to London when she was 13 years old.
Before her relocation to London, however, she spent 6 years in Ilupeju where she had her primary education. At the conclusion of her primary school education, she moved to Ikeja to attend Grange School where she had her secondary education.
After her relocation to London, she quickly bagged her GCSEs and A-Levels. She graduated from King’s College London in July 2014, with a degree in business and economics. She also earned a master’s degree in the music business from New York University in 2015.
Related: Linkda Ikeji net worth and biography
DJ Cuppy Music Career
Cuppy’s first show as a DJ came in 2014 when she featured as the resident DJ at the MTV Africa Music Awards in Durban.
She then played at the Tatler and Christie’s Art Ball in London, and at the Financial Times Luxury Summit in Mexico City.
In July 2014, she released House of Cuppy as her first compilation mix in London and Lagos, before launching it in New York on September 2, 2014.
With House of Cuppy, she produced EDM-Esque remixes of songs by leading Afropop artists. That same year, Cuppy also launched the London-based music management and content production business, Red Velvet Music Group.
In January 2015, Cuppy was featured on the cover of the Guardian Life magazine. The cover celebrated a new generation of African women.
In March 2015, Cuppy was named the official DJ for the 2015 Oil Barons Charity in Dubai and became the pioneer African act to perform at the event. She was featured in the 2015 April/May issue of Forbes Woman Africa to showcase DJ Cuppy net worth.
In June 2015, Cuppy released House of Cuppy II. Cuppy set off on her first DJ tour to 8 cities in Africa, titled “Cuppy Takes Africa”.
She visited Nigeria, Senegal, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, and South Africa.
The “Cuppy Takes Africa” tour included performances, major artist collaborations, and charitable engagements supported by GTB Bank and the Dangote Foundation. Later that year, she interned at Jay-Z’s Roc Nation.
In October 2016, the “Cuppy Takes Africa” tour aired on Fox Life Africa as an 8-episode documentary series.
In 2016, Cuppy was the resident DJ for MTV2’s Uncommon Sense with Charlamagne Tha God. She produced two songs, “Vibe” and “The Way I Am”, which appeared on the “Afrobeats” EP by Young Paris which was released on March 24, 2017.
On October 13, 2017, she released “Green Light”, her first official single. The song features guest vocals from Nigerian singer and producer Tekno.
On March 30, 2018, she released “Vybe”, her second official single. The song features guest vocals from Ghanaian rapper Sarkodie. On August 24, 2018, she released Currency, her third official single featuring L.A.X.
On October 5, 2018, she released Werk, her fourth single featuring Skuki. On April 19, 2019, she collaborated with Kwesi Arthur for her fifth single Abena. On August 16, 2019, she released Gelato, her sixth single featuring Zlatan.
In 2020, Cuppy was inducted into Forbes Magazine’s 30 under 30 class. This move highlighted the riches DJ Cuppy net worth had garnered over her career as DJ.
On May 28, 2020, she became the host of ‘Africa Now Radio’ on Apple Music Beats 1. On July 16, 2020, she released Jollof On The Jet, her seventh single featuring Rema & Rayvanny. On August 24, 2020, She unveiled her debut album Original Copy.
In February 2021, she partnered with Apple Music to launch the first radio show in Africa.
In September 2021, the announcement was made that Cuppy would join the cast of Channel 4’s reality TV show, High Life, which concentrates on the professional lives of British West Africans.
Between January and August 2022, Cuppy became the Sunday host of BBC Radio 1Xtra’s breakfast show, while the Saturday slot was filled by Swarzy, formerly from Kiss Radio.
They both stepped in for Remi Burgz, who subsequently took over from Yasmin Evans as the host of 1Xtra’s weekday lunchtime program.
DJ Cuppy net worth is estimated to be about $3 million.
Related: Who is richer between Davido and Wizkid?
DJ Cuppy Songs
- Green Light featuring Tekno – 2017
- Vybe featuring Sarkodie – 2018
- Currency featuring L.A.X – 2018
- Werk featuring Skuki – 2018
- Charged Up Dj Cuppy and Masterkraft – 2018
- Abena featuring Kwesi Arthur, Shaydee, Ceeza Milli – 2019
- Gelato Featuring Zlatan Ibile, 2019
- Jollof on the Jet, featuring Rema and Rayvanny, 2020
- Karma, featuring Stonebwoy, 2020
- Fkn Around, featuring Megan Thee Stallion 2020
- Litty Lit, featuring Teni, 2020
Endorsements of DJ Cuppy
- DJ Cuppy was appointed by Nigeria’s Minister of Tourism, Culture and National Orientation as the tourism ambassador for the country’s “Fascinating Nigeria” campaign in April 2014.
- She was endorsed as one of Pepsi’s DJ ambassadors, on the 20th of March 2018.
- DJ Cuppy became the Global Citizen Education Ambassador on the 5th of June 2018.
- Cuppy became Samsung’s ambassador in 2019.
- On the 11th of March 2019, DJ Cuppy announced her partnership with Maybelline as an ‘IT GIRL’. She intends to use her role as a Maybelline ambassador to drive inclusiveness and project Africa to the world. She would reflect the company’s values by touching lives and empowering women.
- Tiger Beer endorsed her as its ambassador on the 12th of June 2019.
- She is an ambassador of Save Children UK.
- On 28 July 2021, Cuppy was announced as an Ambassador for Lagos SDGs Youth Alliance
Related: Nonini net worth and biography
How DJ Cuppy Spends Her Money
With DJ Cuppy’s net worth, there are a lot of expensive things you can afford. This is why she has not held back from spending lavishly on some luxurious items.
She owns a Ferrari Portofino which is worth over N75 million, a Mercedes-Benz G550 G-Class, Rolls Royce Phantom worth a whopping N162 million, a Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren which goes for N250 million, and 2018 Range Rover sports worth N27 million. That is such a fortune of cars to own.
Cuppy also owns a mansion to her name, courtesy of her Father. The mansion possesses features any billionaire would want in her home, from the state of the art gym, swimming, a sauna, a cinema room, and so on. It’s worth mentioning that her house is worth millions of Naira in value.
Cuppy not only spends on herself but also gives back to society by launching a foundation called Cuppy Foundation. This foundation is to help less privileged children and women across Nigeria.
In one of DJ cuppy’s quotes she said; “My family is a high profile: It always gets highlighted and people get so caught up in my background that they question my talent, authenticity, and skill. I’m so set on my path and I’m unapologetic.”
Life Lessons From DJ Cuppy
- Success has nothing do with age. Once you have set your mind to do something, you can always achieve it.
- Coming from a rich source should not necessarily mean you should give up chasing your own dreams, as this is what will bring you true joy and fulfillment.
- It is important to stay focused regardless of whatever is going on around you. Challenges are a must, so accepting to face them early enough will help you achieve goals faster.
Related: Teni net worth and biography
In November 2022, Cuppy got engaged on stage to Youtuber/BMX Rider Ryan Taylor. The pair have since married and live together in Dubai.
But sadly, the duo are no longer together as they both unfollowed each other on social media.
Summary of DJ Cuppy Net Worth
DJ Cuppy net worth of $3 million is définitely a source of inspiration for many aspiring DJs in Nigeria.
The notion that DJs don’t achieve tangible success is debunked by the huge earnings that DJ cuppy is able to make through her vibrant and young career. If she can, anyone obviously can with the right mindset.
Without further explanations, DJ Cuppy has earnings that are obviously mind-blowing, and all of her success cannot be attributed to the mere fact that her father is a billionaire.
She has put in most of the work to earn what she owns today, and she’s doing that unapologetically. That DJs in Nigeria cannot make a fortune through their careers is, as they say, a story for the gods.
Even More Topics: