We bring to you 70 interesting David de Gea quotes about football and his success as a goalkeeper.
David de Gea Quintana (born November 7, 1990) is a Spanish goalkeeper who now represents Manchester United in the Premier League and the Spanish national team.
Throughout the latter half of the decade, he was considered one of the top goalkeepers in the world.
De Gea began his playing career at Atlético Madrid, advancing through the club’s academy system until making his senior debut in 2009, at the age of 18.
De Gea was born in Madrid and reared in nearby Illescas. He helped Atlético win the UEFA Europa League and the UEFA Super Cup in 2010 after being named the team’s first-choice goalkeeper.
De Gea’s achievements drew the attention of Manchester United, who signed him for £18.9 million in June 2011, a British record for a goalkeeper at the time.
David De Gea net worth is proof of his success. He has made almost 400 appearances for Manchester United, winning the Premier League, the FA Cup, the League Cup, three Community Shields, and the UEFA Europa League.
70 David De Gea Quotes About Football
1. “I train every day to be the best goalkeeper in the world; that is my aim.” – David de Gea quotes
2. “Every goalkeeper has their own strong points and qualities. What I like to do is focus on every keeper. You can pick bits out of every keeper where they are particularly strong, and you can learn from things like that.” – David de Gea
3. “Football is football, and a thousand things can happen.” – David de Gea quotes
4. “When you have bad moments, you have to improve. You have to become stronger to deal with it, and I believe I have become stronger.” – David de Gea
5. “I’m a big fan of the PlayStation, so I spend quite a bit of time doing that.” – David de Gea
6. “You’ve got to trust in your own ability, back yourself, and the main thing is work really, really hard and fight to improve.” – David de Gea
7. “I’m lucky enough to be mentally strong, which I think is fundamental for a goalkeeper.” – David de Gea
8. “At the end of the day, this is football, and it’s quite normal for anyone to go through difficult moments – and it’s something you can learn from.” – David de Gea
9. “Even though I didn’t win any titles, I have positive feelings about my first season at Manchester United. I have learned a lot, and I think I’ve made a lot of progress.” – David de Gea quotes
10. “Eric Steele was a great goalkeeping coach who always looked after me, and I will remember that.” – David de Gea
11. “The value that really counts is that which is shown on the pitch, not what theyBsay your value is. Money is secondary. Being so expensive is not something I like especially; I’m interested in what people think of me on the playing field.” – David de Gea
12. “It’s normal to have early difficulties when you get a new manager with a new concept.” – David de Gea
13. “I have worked hard in the gym lifting heavy weights and doing a lot of exercises.” – David de Gea
14. “As a goalkeeper, I’m well aware that any mistake can be magnified by the fans. But it’s true that here at Manchester United, there’s added pressure.” – David de Gea quotes
15. “At the end of the day, we’re goalkeepers, and we live with making mistakes. We learn from a young age that you can make a mistake at any point.” – David de Gea
16. “English football is different, especially for a goalkeeper. It’s more aggressive, more physical. It’s far, far harder. The ball is in the air more, and you get pushed about. And the referees don’t blow anything!” – David de Gea
17. “Normally, I never listen to the people who speak about me.” – David de Gea
18. “Being the Manchester United goalkeeper is one of the most difficult jobs in football when you look at the size of the club and the goalkeepers who have been here before. There is a lot of pressure on you, but I have worked hard to cope with that.” – David de Gea
19. “It’s all about getting your head down, focusing, working hard, competing in training, keeping fit, and picking up points.” – David de Gea
20. “I think football is evolving, and I think the role of the keeper is becoming more and more important in the game in general.” – David de Gea
30. “I consider all aspects of being a goalkeeper as fundamental in the development of the side as a whole.” – David de Gea quotes
31. “You cannot train saving with your feet, but sometimes it is instinct. Sometimes it is quicker to go with the feet; going with the hands is sometimes more difficult. Even when I was young, I would go with my feet, it’s something good for me.” – David de Gea
32. “After a great save or a mistake by a defender, I prefer not to shout on him; I prefer to wait and say it inside of the dressing room. I was always like that. I am relaxed, I try to be normal after a mistake, and when I make a mistake, I don’t want people coming to me on the pitch shouting at me.” – David de Gea
33. “When it comes to United, if you don’t win everything, it’s not good enough.” – David de Gea
34. “If you are at United, you need a manager with a winning mentality. We had that with Ferguson. Mourinho has it. He wants to win every game.” – David de Gea
35. “Titles are what I crave.” – David de Gea
36. “Normally, I focus on my job and focus on trying to help my team and trying to improve every training session and try to be as a good as I can.” – David de Gea quotes
37. “It would be great to have more Spanish players at Manchester United.” – David de Gea
38. “In training, the players would deliberately hit high balls into me and barge into me so I’d get used to that side of the English game. I actually enjoy the physical side of it now.” – David de Gea
39. “Manchester United are a great club, and being associated with them is a great compliment for me, but Atletico are also great.” – David de Gea
40. “When you do things wrong, even a couple of mistakes, the press has the right to criticise. Much more so when you’re a goalkeeper – who remain in the spotlight forever.” – David de Gea
41. “Getting to the national team is very complicated.” – David de Gea quotes
42. “When I’m on the pitch, I only think about helping the team and doing well.” – David de Gea
43. “As a goalkeeper, it is a challenge to face Messi.” – David de Gea
44. “I came to United to win trophies.” – David de Gea
45. “The biggest thing for me is that I’ve managed to work through some difficult times, and those moments always make you stronger. It makes you a stronger person and a better player.” – David de Gea
46. “In the Under-21s, I played good football for several years, trying to play the same game as the best and with some very good players.” – David de Gea
47. “I think I have improved a lot since I arrived in England.” – David de Gea
48. “The fans of Manchester United are one of the best in the world. I felt the support of them from the first day, and I am really happy with them.” – David de Gea quotes
49. “Always, even with the U17s in Spain, U19s, we play from the back, and we try to improve on that a lot. So I always enjoy having the ball at my feet.” – David de Gea
50. “I think the first attacker has the ball, starts from the back, you can see everything, and you have to play with the feel of a midfielder, not a goalkeeper.” – David de Gea
51. “I don’t obsess over mistakes, because they do happen, so I just keep working and training hard. I just keep helping the team, which is key.” – David de Gea
52. “Talk about Jose Mourinho, and you’re talking about a winner.” – David de Gea
53. “The time I spent on the bench helped me to reflect and think. It encouraged me to keep fighting and work.” – David de Gea
54. “The criticism I received only served to make me a stronger person.” – David de Gea quotes
55. “With any coach, you have a lot of respect for him, but it is difficult to be their friend.” – David de Gea
56. “In another country, at another club, the fans would not be the same as at Manchester United.” – David de Gea
57. “When you see Zlatan up close, he’s even more imposing than on the television. Zlatan is very, very big, very strong, and his control of the ball is incredible. It can seem like he’s not there, and then he goes and scores the decisive goal.” – David de Gea
58. “Of course, getting to be No. 1 keeper in the world is a tough ask because there are loads of goalkeepers out there and some very good ones, too. But I always try to give my very best to reach that standard.” – David de Gea
59. “Being part of such a great club like Manchester United fills you with emotion, and you gradually realize how much the club means to the fans and the people who work here. They really live for the game, so that does become part of you, and you can only appreciate that having spent time here.” – David de Gea
60. “Everyone knows Iker Casillas. We have all followed him being at the top level for so many years. What he has done for the national team is something impossible to equal. But I try and learn from him when we are there, and train the best I can.” – David de Gea
61. “All us players do that – looking to play, to fight for a place.” – David de Gea
62. “What matters is the team and all of us being focused on what we need to focus on, which is winning games, rather than contracts or any topics that can be a distraction. What matters is focusing on football.” – David de Gea
63. “You don’t have time to think about things that aren’t as important as football and the points that are at stake in the games that we have to win and do well in.” – David de Gea quotes
64. “It’s unbelievable: the fans of Manchester United are one of the best in the world, and I feel the support of them.
65. “I always try to do my best.” – David de Gea
66. “It is unbelievable, the fans in China.” – David de Gea
67. “We are Manchester United, and we want to fight for everything.” – David de Gea
68. “The style is the same at all levels, which facilitates things: bring the ball out from the back, keep possession, work gaps to create chances. It’s like that from the Under-15s all the way through. That’s the Spanish way, and it has triumphed.” – David de Gea
69. “You have to be as strong when things go wrong, but I don’t get nervous.” – David de Gea
Summary of David de Gea Quotes
Thanks for checking our collection of quotes from David Gea. Making mistakes is a part and parcel of life. It is important not to dwell on them, but to learn and move on quickly. Regardless of any terrible situation you find yourself, love yourself, keep being you, remain consistent; and you will definitely overcome.
Even More Quotes