We bring to you powerful Burna Boy Quotes About Life and Success that will help you see things differently.
Damini Ogulu popularly known by his professional name, Burna Boy is a Nigerian singer and songwriter.
He was born on 2 July 1991 in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria, which is the same zone Nigerian prestigious musician Duncan Mighty originates from.
Burna Boy is one of the Nigerian artists born with a silver spoon. He spent most of his summer vacations in the UK before moving back to Port Harcourt for his education.
He went to several secondary schools including the Montessori International for Port Harcourt and Corona Secondary School in Lagos.
For his tertiary education, Burna Boy moved back to the UK where he studied media technology at the University of Sussex, he was only a student at the University from 2008 to 2009.
The subsequent year saw him at Oxford Brookes University where he studied media communication.
His father dealt with a welding organization and his mother filled in as a translator. His grandfather Benson Idonije once oversaw Fela Kuti.
Ogulu experienced childhood in southern Nigeria and started producing his own beats using FruityLoops.
Burna Boy’s official music career started after he signed a record deal with Aristokart Records. You can learn more about Burna Boy net worth and biography for more details.
So far, Burna Boy’s Net worth is on the rise and this proves he’s achieved great goals.
Here are Interesting Burna Boy Quotes about Life & Success.
40 Powerful Burna Boy Quotes About Life & Success
1. “The way I see it, everyone plays their own role in the world, and no role is more important than the other.” – Burna Boy
2. “You are only as rich as where you come from, and Nigeria has a lot of poverty.” – Burna Boy
3. “For me, every project is different, and it serves a different purpose.” – Burna Boy
4. “Outside’ was more of a personal project. This, the ‘African Giant’, is more of an African project.” – Burna Boy
5. “I don’t plan stuff. I don’t believe in planning. I just believe in doing your best at what you do best at all times and everything else is everything else. Everything else is a plus.” – Burna Boy
6. “Going onstage – that’s my joy. You know like when you’re in school and you’re just waiting for the bell to go off so you can leave the class and go and play outside? That’s me in life.” – Burna Boy
7. “At the end of the day, everything you chase will run.” – Burna Boy
8. “The pressure is a man that is wondering how he’s going to feed his five kids today.” – Burna Boy. You can also read about amazing quotes from Helen Paul about success, life, and hustle.
9. “I’m 28 years old. In my country, that’s considered very young. It’s almost like the youth don’t matter to the up-and-ups.” – Burna Boy
Here are 10 inspiring life lessons from Burna Boy, his music career, personal life and how hes made it to fame.
10th Burna Boy Quotes about Nigeria and Africa
10. “I’m from the south side of Nigeria, a place called Port Harcourt City.. No one ever makes it out of there. I wanted to put it on the map” – Burna Boy
11. “I’m just human whose skill is making music” – Burna Boy
12. “Fall Out Boy used to be my favorite rock band” – Burna Boy
13. Most Americans don’t even understand what I’m saying in my records, but they pickup on the vibe, the vibration” – Burna Boy
14. “I can guarantee you that at least 90% of my people that are my age group in Nigeria – who are considered the youth – had no clue about Nigeria, the real origins of Nigeria” – Burna Boy
15. “My dad used to play Raggae and Afrobeats. Every Sunday, we used to have these records, vinyls. And he would just play all of them – Super Ninja Man, Buju Banton.” – Burna Boy
16. “In 2012, I dropped a song called ‘Like to Party’, and that just took me all over the world.” – Burna Boy
17. “My genre of music is called Afro-Fusion because I fuse different types of music into a ball.” – Burna Boy Quotes
In one of the powerful quotes by Adekunle Gold about music, he said: “Music is very wide and there is no reason to limit ourselves to just a part of it.”.
18. “To be honest I don’t really feel like I’m a part of the industry. I don’t get awards because the powers that be don’t really like me. I’m not like everyone else, I won’t do what everyone does.” – Burna Boy
19. “When something happens in Africa, an artist will sing about it and stuff. We have all the records; we have everything. Free Mandela records and all that.” – Burna Boy
20. “If I had children, as soon as I have them, I’m teaching them everything I know. I don’t want to feed you fairytales. Fairytales are nice, but they come to an end, and then you have to face reality.” – Burna Boy
21. “The UK has no input in Afrobeat. Let me make myself very clear. The UK has no influence in the creation or naming anything that has to do with Afrobeat’ roots or beginnings.” – Burna Boy Quotes
22. “I would find myself being inspired by things that I’ve heard as a kid: Nigerian music or African music, some French music, or some Jamaican music. When it’s time for music to be made, it’s almost like my ancestors just come into me and then it’s them.” – Burna Boy
23. “One thing about America is Americans are real people, so it’s like if they see that you’re real, this is real, then they’re gonna relate to it.” – Burna Boy
24. “I’m Nigerian. I’m African. I have a lot to say. Apart from what I say, though, is the feeling. People can relate to that feeling. It’s a reciprocal relationship. They feed off me and I feed off them” – Burna Boy Quotes
25. “Lol. NOBODY paved shit for me. Everybody dey finds them own. I bin Out here if you knew the way they made us look weak by begging and paying the western world to like us you will see that no table was set and I’m the one that brought you the Respect you currently enjoy.” – Burna Boy
26. “FACT! I always knew I was and I am THE BEST. Everyone you think is the best KNOWS I’m BEST since Fela Kuti.” – Burna Boy
27. “Nipsey Hussle is a representation of a complete man, and that’s the kind of thing I respect” – Burna Boy
28. “I can’t say anything is long overdue any more because as i grow I realize that life makes it own time for things” – Burna Boy
29. “At the end of the day you have to go and find yourself and your ancestral greatness” – Burna Boy Quotes
30. “First of all I’m making music for myself, for me, that l like, for me to listen to, that’s the point” – Burna Boy
31. “For me as long as we are moving forward I’m good” – Burna Boy
32. “People don’t understand that I have never really been under paid since I started the music thing” – Burna Boy Quotes
33. “I’m not just loosing the essence of who I am in the midst of everything” – Burna Boy
34. “There’s only one thing more precious than our time and that’s who/what we spend it on” – Burna Boy
35. “The World can do without the Best” the world will still spin regardless.” – Burna Boy
36. “Remember that success isn’t final, failure isn’t fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts” – Burna Boy quotes
37. “I later realized that the truth need no validation” – Burna Boy
38. “I learn more and I dig deeper in the truth about my existence” – Burna Boy
39. “We are all still the same even with the fact that we are all so different” – Burna Boy
40. “For me I’m someone that’s too heavy for elevator, so I always take the stairs” – Burna Boy
Burna Boy Quotes Summary
Thanks for checking out this collection of Burna Boy Quotes! Don’t forget to share them on social media.
Would you share with us which of these quotes resonates more with you? Let’s have your comments in the box provided below.
Even More Topics: