Yay! We bring to you 30 things that the richest man in Africa once said, in our collection of Aliko Dangote quotes about life, hustle, business, and investment.
The business icon is no doubt the richest man in Africa, more so, Aliko Dangote net worth is proof of his business acumen and trading experience over the years.
It’s true that out of so much in one’s heart the mouth speaks, and that’s why we have created this quick piece about Aliko Dangote quotes to help you learn more about him, his business ideologies, life’s perspectives, and more.
Don’t forget that the right conversation with the right person, at the right time, might be useful than a thousand years of lecture.
30 Mind-shifting Aliko Dangote Quotes About Life, Business, and Investment
1. “My great-grandfather was a kola nut trader and the richest man in West Africa at the time of his death. My father was a businessman and politician. I was actually raised by my grandfather.” – Aliko Dangote
2. “I used to own two homes in Atlanta. But it was a lot of trouble. There are leaky roofs; you have to call people. It takes up too much time to own property everywhere. Now I stay at St. Regis. I used to like cars a lot, too. I had 25 of them: Porsches, Ferraris.” – Aliko Dangote
3. “If I had challenges in my company, I would not hesitate to sell assets to remain afloat, to get to the better times, because it doesn’t make any sense for me to keep any assets and then suffocate the whole organization.” – Aliko Dangote quotes
4. “My love for Arsenal dates back to when I went to watch them play with the then-largest shareholder David Dein. I developed a likeness for the team, and I have been a supporter of the team since then.” – Aliko Dangote
4. “The gas, which is our main source of power, is priced in dollars.” – Aliko Dangote
6. “What I always say is that money doesn’t have color. It doesn’t matter whether you are from Africa or anywhere in the world. The color of money is the same.” – Aliko Dangote quotes
7. “The most dangerous thing for an entrepreneur to do is to actually go into a business that he does not understand fully.
8. “I always make sure I hire people smarter than me.” – Aliko Dangote
9. “I always tried to move up the food chain. I started with cement and then moved into textiles and banking. When I was trading sugar, I added salt and flour so that then we could do pasta. And then I thought, why not make the bag for it, too? So, we started making packaging.” – Aliko Dangote quotes
10. “If bad and inexperienced politicians control power in Nigeria, my wealth may turn into poverty, and I am not ready to become a poor man.” – Aliko Dangote
11. “Where the foreign exchange is not available, we are cutting down our operations. For example, we had a vegetable oil refinery; we have shut it down. We had a tomato-based processing plant; we have shut it down.” – Aliko Dangote quotes
12. “If you don’t have ambition, you shouldn’t be alive.” – Aliko Dangote
13. “If I have an idea, I can actualize it through our political leaders.” – Aliko Dangote quotes
14. “The number one thing that kills businesses in Africa is power – or the lack of power.” – Aliko Dangote
15. “I’ve run a very successful business, and I think I can also run a very successful team.” – Aliko Dangote quotes
16. “Where the assets of Facebook were hype, we have real assets.” – Aliko Dangote
17. “I’m not in it for the money. No, no. I like to run a business that’s successful… I’m a very creative person.” – Aliko Dangote
18. “The people who were supposed to invest in refineries, who understand the market, are benefiting from there being no refineries because of the fuel import business.” – Aliko Dangote quotes
19. “After my death, I want to be remembered as Africa’s greatest industrialist.” – Aliko Dangote
20. “Don’t kill the competition. Competition is healthy for businesses. It keeps you the entrepreneur on your toes.
21. “To build a successful business, you must start small and dream big.” – Aliko Dangote
22. “Manufacture, don’t just trade. There is money in manufacturing even though it is capital intensive. To achieve a big breakthrough, I had to start manufacturing the same product I was trading on; which is commodities.” – Aliko Dangote
23. “If people look inward, they would see the opportunities for greatness.” – Aliko Dangote quotes
24. “When you import goods, you import poverty and you export jobs to other parts of the globe where such goods are produced.
25. “Exercise is better than any medicine I can take; exercise and sleep.” – Aliko Dangote
26. “In whatever you do, strive to be the best at it.” – Aliko Dangote quotes
27. “You must have a vision and not just a vision but you must have a plan that would make you fulfill that vision.
28. “The real thing about wealth, what will make you enjoy it and be happy that yes you are rich, is how many lives you can touch while you are alive.
Summary of Aliko Dangote Quotes
Thanks for checking our collection of quotes by Aliko Dangote and the interesting things he once said.
For me, “gas which is our main source of power is priced in dollars” has stuck with me. It means that the precious commodity is traded in the most powerful currency in the world.
What if one could start a business (product or service), that is priced in dollars as compared to the deteriorating Naira value? This will mean a huge profit margin.
What did you think? Let’s have your comment in the box provided below.
Even More Topics: