We bring to you 37 wise Alice Walton quotes on success and business.
Alice Louise Walton is an American heiress to the fortune of Walmart. In September 2016, she owned over US$11 billion in Walmart shares.
As of August 2021, Alice Walton net worth is estimated at $64.6 billion, making her the 17th-richest person, and the second richest woman in the world according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
One of the things one could learn from the business icon is that to build a great career in any field, there will always be ups and downs. Take them in your stride, as they will eventually become part of a success story in the end.
In this quick article about Alice Walton quotes, you’ll learn more about her ideologies, life and business perspectives, and most importantly wise sayings that you can learn from.
37 Alice Walton Quotes On Success & Business
1. “One of the great responsibilities that I have is to manage my assets wisely so that they create value.” – Alice Walton
2. “I know the price of lettuce. You need to understand price and value. You buy the best lettuce you can at the best price you can.” – Alice Walton
3. “There is a lot that horses and art share in common. I have found that most horse people are art lovers, and vice versa.” – Alice Walton quotes
4. “I think it is more of an intuitive, circular kind of personality, for starters. And, as I say of horses, the secret to breeding great horses is the three B’s: bones, brains, and balance. If you look at art, it shares some of the same qualities.” – Alice Walton
5. “Expenses should never exceed one percent of our purchases.” – Alice Walton
6. “To succeed in this world, you have to change all the time.” – Alice Walton
7. ”High expectations are the key to everything.” – Alice Walton
Related: Larry Page quotes on success and business
8. ”Do it. Try it. Fix it.” – Alice Walton quotes
9. ”Most everything I’ve done I’ve copied from somebody else.” – Alice Walton
10. “I was asked what I thought about the recession. I thought about it and decided not to take part.” – Alice Walton
11. ”When all else fails, put on a costume and sing a silly song.” – Alice Walton
12. ”Take the best out of everything and adapt it to your needs.” – Alice Walton
13. ”Control your expenses better than your competition. This is where you can always find a competitive advantage.” – Alice Walton
14. ″Leaders must always put their people before themselves. If you do that, your business will take care of itself.” – Alice Walton
15. ”Commit to your business. Believe in it more than anybody else.” – Alice Walton quotes
16. “Individuals don’t win in business, teams do.” – Alice Walton
17. ”Appreciate everything your associates do for the business.” – Alice Walton
18. ”If you want a successful business, your people must feel that you are working for them – not that they are working for you.” – Alice Walton
19. ”You can make a lot of mistakes and still recover if you run an efficient operation. Or you can be brilliant and still go out of business if you’re too inefficient.” – Alice Walton
20. ”There’s a lot more business out there in small-town America than I ever dreamed of.” – Alice Walton quotes
21. ”I not only knew I wanted to go into retailing, but I also knew I wanted to go into business for myself.” – Alice Walton
Related: 50 Powerful Elon Musk quotes about technology and business
22. ”Lose your smile and lose your customers.” – Alice Walton
23. ”If you don’t listen to your customers, someone else will.” – Alice Walton quotes
24. ”There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” – Alice Walton
25. ”If one of our customers comes into the store without a smile, I’ll give them one of mine.” – Alice Walton
Related: 60 Notable Tony Elumelu quotes about business and success
26. “Exceed your customer’s expectations. If you do, they’ll come back over and over. Give them what they want – and a little more.” – Alice Walton
27. “The way management treats their associates is exactly how the associates will then treat the customers.” – Alice Walton quotes
28. “The key to success is to get out into the store and listen to what the associates have to say. It’s terribly important for everyone to get involved. Our best ideas come from clerks and stockboys. – Alice Walton
29. “I had confidence that as long as we did our work well and were good to our customers, there would be no limit to us.” – Alice Walton
30. “The secret of successful retailing is to give your customers what they want.” – Alice Walton
31. “Job security lasts only as long as the customer is satisfied. Nobody owes anybody else living.” – Alice Walton
32. “Focus on something the customer wants, and then deliver it.” – Alice Walton
33. “Each Wal-Mart store should reflect the values of its customers and support the vision they hold for their community.” – Alice Walton
34. “There is only one boss. The customer” – Alice Walton quotes
Related: 12 Patricia Poku Diaby quotes about success and wealth
35. “Celebrate your successes. Find some humor in your failures. – Alice Walton
36. “I pay low wages. I can take advantage of that. We’re going to be successful, but the basis is a very low-wage, low-benefit model of employment. – Alice Walton
37. “The secret of successful retailing is to give your customers what they want. And really, if you think about it from the point of view of the customer, you want everything: a wide assortment of good quality merchandise; the lowest possible prices; guaranteed satisfaction with what you buy; friendly, knowledgeable service; convenient hours; free parking; a pleasant shopping experience.” – Alice Walton.
Alice Walton Quotes (Summary)
Thanks for checking our quick collection of quotes by Alice Walton. One business lesson I’ve learned from one of her sayings is: “Expenses should never exceed one percent of our purchases.”
So, what did you think? Let’s have your comments in the box provided below.
Even More Topics: